Thread: Using Buffs (+A and +D) with Ant-Man: Pym Particles Global

Using Buffs (+A and +D) with Ant-Man: Pym Particles Global

For the purposes of my question I have the following Globals available to me:

Ant-Man: Pym Particles
    Global: Pay . Switch the A and D values of one of your characters.
    Mystical Elf: Protector
    Global: Pay . Target monster gets +1D.
    Anger Issues: Basic Action Card
    Global: Pay . Target character gets +1A until end of turn.
    Deadpool: Jack has the following die stats:
    2A 4D
    2A 5D
    3A 7D

Assuming I have Deadpool fielded on the level 3 side(3A 7D), could I perform the following (in this order):

1) Pay a to increase the defense to 8.
    2) Pay a to swap the A and D.
    3) Pay a to increase the now 8A to 9A.

My confusion stems from the Ant-Man Global. Once this swap has been initiated, does the game state know that the attack is 7D and the defense is 3A or is the swap effectively permanent for the remainder of the turn? (other then being further affected by globals)

You flip the stats man. Its now 9/3. It's not permanent. You can still flip the stats again. The changes stop when the turn ends. Unless you're using DoomCaliber Knight - Fiendish Fighter then yes the stats are permanent till the end of the turn. You can flip them during the main phase or after the blocking phase when both players are allowed to play Globals.

Looks like you got it right. The swap is applied, meaning it will last until the end of the turn (and the game sees it as whatever the swapped stats are), unless you change it with more global shenanigans

So to expand on this topic, as long as I use Globals and Basic Action dice which affect A and D in the order I wish, I can effectively control what the ultimate A and D are of a given character.

Here's another example to make sure I have it right.

Infiltrate: Basic Action Card
    Target character gets +3D and gains one Team affiliation of your choice until end of turn.
    Let's say I apply this to a sidekick (1A and 1D) which would result in 1A and 4D. I then use the Ant-Man global to pay a and swap the A and D. I want to ensure that the game state doesn't recognize the buff from the Infiltrate BAC and instead swap the written die stats of 1A and 1D which would still leave me with a 1A and 4D character after the BAC buff was reapplied. Rather, based on the feedback from above I would indeed be left with a 4A and 1D character.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    So to expand on this topic, as long as I use Globals and Basic Action dice which affect A and D in the order I wish, I can effectively control what the ultimate A and D are of a given character.

Here's another example to make sure I have it right.

Infiltrate: Basic Action Card

Let's say I apply this to a sidekick (1A and 1D) which would result in 1A and 4D. I then use the Ant-Man global to pay a and swap the A and D. I want to ensure that the game state doesn't recognize the buff from the Infiltrate BAC and instead swap the written die stats of 1A and 1D which would still leave me with a 1A and 4D character after the BAC buff was reapplied. Rather, based on the feedback from above I would indeed be left with a 4A and 1D character.
    4A/1D would be correct.

An 'Applied' effect can be flipped as applied effects last until the end of the turn. IOW, you pay the required costs, then apply the effect which lasts until the end of the turn when all effects are cleared. Applied globals can also be stacked, so you can buff up one stat and flip it with AMG.

Any 'Static' stat boost that requires an active character or condition to be met in order to obtain the boost cannot be flipped as the application of that type of boost happens last in the sequence of how effects are resolved/applied - they only take whatever the final value of the stats would be before applying their effect. 'Applied' effects take place immediately after paying the cost, and are not removed from the character die until the and of the turn, unless manipulated by another game effect.

Instead of infiltrate just use this It gives the same defense and the possibility for your other characters to get more defense. Plus a global to increase it.

Infiltrate also makes the SK an Avenger, then Patch makes your unblocked SK deal 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Infiltrate also makes the SK an Avenger, then Patch makes your unblocked SK deal 8.
    That was kinda the idea.

I built and played this team tonight.
    (Infiltrate BAC)

Infiltrate
    Target character gets +3D and gains one Team affiliation of your choice until end of turn.
    The win-con is get a Flash and Nick Fury fielded as soon as possible. Buy an Infiltrate using the Red Dragon global and keep up ramp. Throw down the Infiltrate and choose the Avenger affiliation on Flash and use the +D buff as much as possible followed by the Ant-Man A and D swap. Attack with Flash only, who is now a huge unblocked Avenger who deals damage twice. Hopefully you can deal 9 to 10 damage twice.

I used this team against my opponent who was able to get a turn three Jinzo. Even though I had to take 18 life to fire the combo, I was able to deal 18 damage bringing my opponent to 1 (the first damage was from the Red Dragon Global). The next turn I swung with a couple sidekicks and Nick Fury for the win. Although had my opponent not had a Jinzo, another Red Dragon Global would have done the trick.

If you used Angel Soaring, you could buy infiltrate and Angel, for the same cost as buying Flash (Energy willing). The difference in the combo is 1 damage, and that is easily made up for in the 1 less fielding cost you would have to pay to field angel versus Flash. I know your plan is to use flash, but just as long as you know that you could do this exact team, with a card that costs half of the one your using... and doesn't have to attack alone.

Very close to my team here, but I use the rare IFL as it's more cost efficient to field than Flash, and using Take Cover allows for multiple buffing before the ant-man flip.

I like using the Red Dragon SR, you can also use the rare thousand dragon to get the same action die discount.

You also forget. It just needs to be action for Angels effect to occur