Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D&D set 2

D&D set 2

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/3...un-under-siege

Faerun Under Siege, the second in WizKidsí new series of Dice Master games based on the iconic Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms world, will release in February.
    The Faerun Under Siege Starter will include enough game materials for two players: 44 custom dice, 38 game cards, a pair of dice bags, and complete game rules. MSRP is $24.99.

Looks like there will be a Collector's box for this set.

Good find and thanks for posting this @IsaacBV . I wonder if that's a typo on the starter going up to $24.99 or if this is the new price?

So for the future sets we have WoL in two weeks, ASM (November?), TMNT (January?) and D&D2 in February.

Wait...$24.99 MSRP

Wasn't D&D the set that brought Starter Set MSRP up to $19.99. I'm really hoping that is a typo in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    Good find and thanks for posting this @IsaacBV . I wonder if that's a typo on the starter going up to $24.99 or if this is the new price?

So for the future sets we have WoL in two weeks, ASM (November?), TMNT (January?) and D&D2 in February.
    Don't forget about Superman/Batman in March

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    Wait...$24.99 MSRP

Wasn't D&D the set that brought Starter Set MSRP up to $19.99. I'm really hoping that is a typo in the article.
    I hope it's a typo too, but the quality of the D&D cards is second to none.

Don't forget about Superman/Batman in March
    Holy crap! That is far too many sets to close together:

War of Light - September
    Amazing Spider Man - November
    TMNT - January
    Faerun Under Siege - February
    Batman v Superman - March

I'd say give us at least three months which a new set before releasing the next one.

War of Light - September
    TMNT - January

I'd say give us at least three months which a new set before releasing the next one.
    as long as people buy GF on mass it will never stop! Devils spiral comfirmed. Really i would like to see not only D&D but other fantasy stuff besides them.
    Why not make Special Sets like TMNT but smaller like in Munchkin^^.

Srsly WizKids? That is a pretty nonsense release schedule.

War of Light - September
    TMNT - January

You left off Transformers: Autobots Unite! slated for December.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    surely you just

Wait...$24.99 MSRP

Has to be a typo. The Collectors Box is listed at the same MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    No, that's in June.

Release set is fine. Some of these sets arent that big. Like the TMNT set.

Anyone familiar with Faerun lore? What was missing from the first set that we can expect this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Anyone familiar with Faerun lore? What was missing from the first set that we can expect this time around?
    Off the top of my head for monsters, elementals and yuan-ti. Maybe more Baldurs Gate peeps?

Perhaps they actually bring in some named characters from the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Everything that makes Faerun Faerun. The first D&D set was just generic D&D with a few in-world faction icons haphazardly slapped on.

Mostly, they need a big shift from generic names to actual, established CHARACTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Well if they are calling it Faerun Under Seige then there better be a Steven Seagal die.
    Sets 3, 4 and 5 confirmed:
    D&D: Above the Law in Faerun
    D&D: Faerun's Executive Decisions
    D&D: Faerun Under Seige 2: Dark Territory

War of Light - September
    TMNT - January

The fact we haven't seen anything aside from the boxes for Amazing Spider-Man makes me think it may slip to December.

Here's my schedule prediction for 2016
    TMNT - January
    D&D - March
    Batman v Superman - May
    Marvel: Civil War - July
    DC - September
    Marvel - November
    Another stand alone set - second half of 2016

That is much better @DigitalFirefly ! I certainly hope you're right, otherwise I see the flood of sets turning a lot of people off and Dice Masters losing tons of players due to the mass influx which no one can keep up with. Wizkids needs to slowly bleed us, not drain us all at once!

That is much better @DigitalFirefly ! I certainly hope you're right, otherwise I see the flood of sets turning a lot of people off and Dice Masters losing tons of players due to the mass influx which no one can keep up with. Wizkids needs to slowly bleed us, not drain us all at once!
    I don't know what the % of players that buy every set, but I'm sure there's a lot of people that only buy 1 or 2 IPs. I'd wager the TRP community is largely constructed/collector group of players. If they only did 1 Marvel set a year I think those people buying 1 or 2 IPs might lose interest. I think they're trying to get as many people interested with different IPs as possible, and keep a steady supply of new content coming. I bet they'd love to do a new set each month if the could. Yeah, those who play constructed, or want to collect everything will suffer if they can't afford it, but I would think that's the minority of the player base at large. I can't afford to keep up with it right now, so I'm probably just going to stick with the Marvel sets for now.

As I've recently become a single IP player, with D&D being that IP, I'd be cool with 2 sets per year. I'm really hoping for some more/varied gear with the next set. Give me a shield, a magic ring, some kind of boots, maybe a battle ax of some sort.

This set will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy, Mr. Fantastic
    Yeeeeaaaaaeeeeeeeaeaaaeaeaaaaahhh.... I hope the game doesn't get delaaaaaeeaeaaaeeeyyyyyyeeeeeed