Thread: Heck on Wheels!

Heck on Wheels!

At the AvX Draft I went to (and, somehow, won) the other day, I joked that I was going to use an Overcrushing Professor X. That got me thinking...

(this would be Hulk Out)

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=2x...%20on%20Wheels

Here is the plan: hand a Vibranium Shield to Professor X. Haul ol' Charlie up to the top a very tall, very steep hill. Release Professor X (who is nervously clutching Cap's Shield) into the awaiting horde of Sidekicks, Dragons, and Superheroes. Laugh as your opponent is still stunned that you brought (and perhaps purchased) three Professor X dice.

Is this team ridiculous? Yes. Will it work? Eh. Is it worth it to try and beat your opponent with an attacking Professor X? YES.

First time I went to a store to play I bought 2 Professor's and they thought I was was building an expensive D wall. Of course, the first game I tried it I couldn't roll a to save my life (IOW, I lost), even with 4 Kobolds in my bag Once you get one of them through, it is satisfying.

You could also use Dimension Door to make the Professor unblockable

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    You could also use Dimension Door to make the Professor unblockable
    I COULD... but an Overcrushing Prof seems more satisfying. Look out Hulk! Here comes Charlie!

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I COULD... but an Overcrushing Prof seems more satisfying. Look out Hulk! Here comes Charlie!
    Heh

I still like an unblockable Wheels myself. Add in a few Ultron globals, forcing everyone to block PX, but since he's unblockable you just see a slew of opposing dice flying out of the way as he leaves a skid mark on my opponents face!

After playing this team a little bit last night, and after some helpful suggestions from Shadowmeld - Killer of Dreams , I've changed things a little bit:

:julop4small: (Constantine Trinity War)

(this would STILL be Hulk Out)

The Kobolds were not super helpful, but more Masks for my PXG would be. Also, an Overcrushing Mr. Fantastic is almost as funny as a Professor X doing the same thing. My pal the Pally would help protect everyone from whatever, and Constantine is a cheap Shield character that will gain me some life (and not be the SAME Constantine that everyone knows and loves).

Really, the important thing to create a team featuring an Overcrushing Professor X. It is important. A matter of national security, really.

Ok, not really.

After playing this team a little bit last night, and after some helpful suggestions from Shadowmeld - Killer of Dreams , I've changed things a little bit:

:julop4small: (Constantine Trinity War)

(this would STILL be Hulk Out)

The Kobolds were not super helpful, but more Masks for my PXG would be. Also, an Overcrushing Mr. Fantastic is almost as funny as a Professor X doing the same thing. My pal the Pally would help protect everyone from whatever, and Constantine is a cheap Shield character that will gain me some life (and not be the SAME Constantine that everyone knows and loves).

Really, the important thing to create a team featuring an Overcrushing Professor X. It is important. A matter of national security, really.

Ok, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Ok, granted. But I have a really bad dice buying habit, and I need cheap shields. Hence, ol' Blue Striped Connie.

cheap shield
    That depends strongly on your definition of "cheap".

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    That depends strongly on your definition of "cheap".
    Cost price?

cheap shield
    In my best whiny voice: Everybody uses Super Rare Constantine. I want to be a special snowflake!

I guess that the difference between me and you. Efficiency
    Ouch. But, yeah... you aren't wrong. I'll try it with both, and see if there is a big difference. I imagine Super Connie is probably the superior of the two.

Ouch. But, yeah... you aren't wrong. I'll try it with both, and see if there is a big difference. I imagine Super Connie is probably the superior of the two.
    I wasn't trying to insult you. I really wasnt so im sorry it came off that way. I just like my decks to be efficient. I gave up trying to not make OP decks. I'll just make the decks that use my own spin with it being efficient. Using cards that aren't really being used.
    Like the Pyro uncontrolled deck I'm making.

I wasn't trying to insult you. I really wasnt so im sorry it came off that way. I just like my decks to be efficient. I gave up trying to not make OP decks. I'll just make the decks that use my own spin with it being efficient. Using cards that aren't really being used.
    Like the Pyro uncontrolled deck I'm making.
    You're alright, it wasn't taken that way.

I get what you are saying though. Ideally, I want a team that uses a combo that no one has used and is so ridiculous that anyone who plays it (win or lose) is awed by its stupidity. The "Oh, you are BUYING Professor X Trainer... and fielding him?" is worth a few loses here and there. It would be double great, thought, if it won a few games along the way.
    Last edited by OddballNarwhal; 09-09-2015 at 11:28 PM. Reason: 300th post! WHOO!