Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cyclops and friends

Cyclops and friends

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...3x30avx;3x25jl

So this has been a team that I have been having a lot of fun with lately. It fits my play style witch is aggressive and hit you for big amounts of damage. The idea behind the team is to use cyclops and have you multi block him and over crush you for a lot of damage in the face. To help the team out I have the common drone for cheap fists and an alternative overcrush character. Harley Quinn is on the team to help with getting my characters blocked. Purple Wurm is my tip the scale card and answer to hulk or other things that need removal. Pepper is on the team to help keep my guys on the board when I have to block and provide some bolts to help with globals. I choose invulnerability instead of cone of cold due to wanting possible bolt synergy and possibly keeping cyclops around for another attack next turn instead of being KO'd.

I am looking any Feedback on possible alternative character that I may have missed that would be great on this team. Anything else that I could do to make it more competitive without having it loose its core would also be awesome.

I've run a similar team but I used the uncommon Doc Ock in place of cyclops (same power slightly better stats but 6 cost shield) and the uncommon goblin attack force to make people block for one fist a time.

Why Harley Quinn?

I just made a Cyclops slim team today. You're using a good amount of characters I'm using.

Harley Quinn to force blocks on cyclops would be my guess.

Can't always afford 2 fists it's another way of forcing a block

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Why Harley Quinn?

I just made a Cyclops slim team today. You're using a good amount of characters I'm using.
    Harley Quinn is deffinetly a flex card that I could have used a human torch instead of.

The reason behind my thought process was like strange dude said. I use her to make sure my other characters are blocked, with no extra cost. This works really well when I don't have cyclops out for some reason and have multiple drones out. Also she is a mask character so if my opponent brings PXG, I have some mask energy.

So why that drone? Why not 1 of a million?
    The Common drone was for cost efficiency for cheap fist characters. Also say I roll all my all my ultrons as energy and have a cyclops out then I can have 3 blockers for cyclops. Not saying it's perfect just why I run it. I could run goblin attack force but liked spending the extra fists to control who blocks who.

But aren't you just attacking with Cyclops? Throw him out and force to block with Goblins global.

My win condition is overcrush, and yes I want to win with cyclops if possible, but If I play a team that has characters that take no damage or can't be KO'd then I switch to use Ultron drones, or combination of both, I feel that the common version is better suited for my play style and does more for me that the uncommon that cost one more to purchase and only does damage equal to the fielding cost. The aggressive nature of the team and with 2 low cost fist characters allow for me to have lots of energy synergy with fists. I feel that low cost Drone and having another character that is good to overcrush with allows for the flexibility I want at the price I want. I have tried the team with the uncommon and just didn't suit me. Not saying that my choice is right. But I hope that helps with why I went with the common drone.

I like your style! That's how I like to play.
    Looks fun!

But don't you have room for 1 control/removal card, and still be Aggro-Midrange-Beatdown...?

yes, I would say that pepper and Harley would be the first ones that I would think about swapping out, you could play wasp Rare or something like that for Pepper. What other control do you have in mind, I am curious?

But if you're using Ultron drones and overcrush, you get more damage off with 1 of a million.

For control? Wasp rare is just solid by itself. There's also constantine but he's not suited if you plan to aggro. Millenium Puzzle is good. Just let the action sit on the field.

He's control AND aggro!
    Last edited by SarkhanMad; 09-04-2015 at 12:44 PM.

If your willing to pay 7(5) for purple wurm, just buy Blue eyes instead.
    Then replace purple wurm with

Use BEWD ability (for free) to KO Grundy. (+3 to BEWD)
    Use instead of anger issues. To give slim and BEWD (or DCK!) overcrush.

For even more +A

Of course I am not good at building teams, only play draft really, so don't listen to me.

He's using kobolds and Anger issues has the fist global plus +3 with overcrush with no needed burst. Anger Issues is solid enough. Worm itself has overcrush and it can knockout whatever it wants when it attacks doing damage based on its level side.

Blue eyes can be used against your cyclops. I played against someone who ran a similar setup and he swung in thinking he was going to win, but I just used blue eyes global to get rid of all the extra blockers.

He's using kobolds and Anger issues has the fist global plus +3 with overcrush with no needed burst. Anger Issues is solid enough. Worm itself has overcrush and it can knockout whatever it wants when it attacks doing damage based on its level side.
    Sure. More than one way.

I like being able to give DCK and Slim overcrush when needed. He may very well find himself in a position where he can't get to the wurm.

Horn is cheaper than anger issues, and so is using Blue Eyes ability (vs. His global).

Only play testing will tell.
    I think my idea is faster, more versatile, and cooler!
    But clearly I'm wrong.

Overcrush is still there. I dont see the problem.
    You should be able to see the problem since you can tell what someone is going to do by looking at their team and youre rarely surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongardner View Post
    Blue eyes can be used against your cyclops. I played against someone who ran a similar setup and he swung in thinking he was going to win, but I just used blue eyes global to get rid of all the extra blockers.
    I am not sure your are using Blue Eyes correctly. It can only target your characters. You can not use if for removal of your opponents.

@sarkahnmad your not wrong at all. You are just looking at the puzzle from a different perspective. Just like how Vastspartan feels that the uncommon drone is better for the team.
    Last edited by Jar_99; 09-04-2015 at 09:42 PM.

I love that Doom Cal Knight.
    If he was a "may" ability, I'd get that card tattoo'ed...
    And I don't even like tattoos!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCK.jpg.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	947.0 KB 
ID:	2934
    looks like a candidate for the card generator. ..

Oh, the character face side of his die is actually his shield! Cool.

Note: there are quite a few female characters in ygo... "he" may be a SHE!
    take a closer look at ygo... you might be surprised... "that card is a girl character?"

Oops, detailed another thread...
    sorry jar

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    I am not sure your are using Blue Eyes correctly. It can only target your characters. You can not use if for removal of your opponents.
    Right. With your build you want to force them to block with multiple dice. If they get rid of blockers that is going to mess that up.