Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Does BEWD global impact ALL cards?

  1. #1

    Does BEWD global impact ALL cards?

    I believe it does, as it just mentions the next time you purchase a die, but I'd still like to see consensus on whether or not it works for actions as well as characters/monsters. I don't see why it wouldn't.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I'm pretty sure it works with all dice, my only question on this effect is whether or not the effect ends at the end of your turn. I've played with people who have said that once the turn rolls over, you lose the effect of decreasing purchase cost. Other people have said that the card doesn't specifically state that the cost reduction ends on your turn and have played with this carrying over the the next die purchased, regardless of it being the same turn or not. Thoughts?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPlayer View Post
    I'm pretty sure it works with all dice, my only question on this effect is whether or not the effect ends at the end of your turn. I've played with people who have said that once the turn rolls over, you lose the effect of decreasing purchase cost. Other people have said that the card doesn't specifically state that the cost reduction ends on your turn and have played with this carrying over the the next die purchased, regardless of it being the same turn or not. Thoughts?
    In the D&D Rules book on page 9, under Cleanup it states:

    "All effects end (exception: “while active” effects continue)."

    I also found this under the Offical Rules Forum:

    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...ntinue+.#p8788

  5. #5

  6. #6
    You mean Lord/Ring? I would say that since it specifies *your* characters... In a vacuum, nothing your opponent has on the board is a valid target for Blue Eyes, it wouldn't stop it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    In the D&D Rules book on page 9, under Cleanup it states:

    "All effects end (exception: “while active” effects continue)."

    I also found this under the Offical Rules Forum:

    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...ntinue+.#p8788
    Okay so I have a question about this specifically, People have been trying to sack a pawn during the main step/attack step of my turn so on their turn the can pay for their first die at the 2 reduced cost. I point out that the rule about all none "while active" effects end, and invariably get told that BEWDG breaks this rule by design. I usually just land on the argument that it doesn't specifically say that on the card and avoid playing online with them. Because offline, in the store, that doesn't fly. You sack something on my turn and don't spend the effect, it fizzles at the end of the turn. And I haven't been able to find a ruling either way on the Rules Forums.

    How are other people playing this?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    1) If used during your opponent's turn or during your Attack Step (or during your Main Step and you purchase no more dice this turn), it doesn't carry forward. The effect goes away at end of turn because it isn't a While Active effect.
    See: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...&t=3816&p=8972

  9. #9
    Thank you Scott!!! So they HAVE just been playing ti wrong since March.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Okay so I have a question about this specifically, People have been trying to sack a pawn during the main step/attack step of my turn so on their turn the can pay for their first die at the 2 reduced cost. I point out that the rule about all none "while active" effects end, and invariably get told that BEWDG breaks this rule by design. I usually just land on the argument that it doesn't specifically say that on the card and avoid playing online with them. Because offline, in the store, that doesn't fly. You sack something on my turn and don't spend the effect, it fizzles at the end of the turn. And I haven't been able to find a ruling either way on the Rules Forums.

    How are other people playing this?
    Wasn't it ruled that the KO is part of the cost? Since the KO part is considered a part of the cost, and you can't buy a die on your opponents turn, using BEWD on your opponents turn wouldn't be legal.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Wasn't it ruled that the KO is part of the cost? Since the KO part is considered a part of the cost, and you can't buy a die on your opponents turn, using BEWD on your opponents turn wouldn't be legal.
    Yes. But they also ruled it is legal. I think the idea is that, even on your opponent's turn (see OP Beast), you might purchase a die.

  12. #12
    There are ways to purchase dice out of phase, Beast OP, Elf Wizard OP. And some of these aren't for free.



    This guy's global to KO this guy, and this guy, means you can buy and bag any JLA character for 1 instead of 2, on your opponent's turn.

    If the Superman "pay 2 to purchase" wording has you hung up, try the OP Batman. He fields and buys a robin for 1 less. This will give you the robin for 1 instead of 3 or 4 because the Blue eyes discount actually helps you on your opponent's team.

  13. #13
    OH!... so, Pandora's Box...
    :julop1:



    Not worded awkwardly, just worded so that it takes effect in this situation.

    I mean, if the rule book didn't explicitly state that the inactive player can't play action dice on their opponent's turn.
    Last edited by Shadowmeld; 07-05-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •