Thread: Namor: Atlantean vs. Villainous Pact

Namor: Atlantean vs. Villainous Pact

Namor: Atlantean reads:
    When Namor blocks, you may cancel one active action effect. Move that action die to its owner’s used pile if necessary.
    Villainous Pact reads:
    Your opponent chooses one non-Villain character. All other non-Villains cannot block this turn.
    Global: Pay . Once per turn, during your turn, if you have no dice in your Prep Area, you may draw a die and place it in your Prep Area.
    I am the defending player, and have no villains in play.
    My opponent plays Villainous Pact and I choose Namor: Atlantean as my one non-Villain character to block.
    When Namor blocks, I choose to cancel Villainous Pact.
    May I now declare other blockers?

You may not declare any other blockers.

Namor only procs once he has been declared to block and all blockers must be declared at the same time. As such, by the time Namor cancels Villainous Pact, it will be too late to declare any other blockers as that step of the Attack phase has already resolved.

So Namor is more effective against things like Anger Issues or Hulk Out.

He is most effective against actions like Imprisoned or Cerebro.

How does namor's effect interact with a ring on Lord of D.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    How does namor's effect interact with a ring on Lord of D.?
    Quite well. If you're allowed to declare a block with Namor, you can send the Ring of Magnetism directly to the used pile.

Since Namor's effect cannot target a character, it is unaffected by Ring of Magnetism and thus can safely target and discard it.

What about if i have some Namor Character dices?
    You can only select one of the Namor dices, ot all of them?
    I always thought one character die, this is the only No Villain dice can block , and all of the rest of Villains.

Quote Originally Posted by bartok View Post
    What about if i have some Namor Character dices?
    You can only select one of the Namor dices, ot all of them?
    I always thought one character die, this is the only No Villain dice can block , and all of the rest of villains.
    If you have multiple dice for Namor, you may still only target one of them for Villainous Pact's effect. That targeted die is allowed to block, but no other non-villain Namor's may block.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    If you have multiple dice for Namor, you may still only target one of them for Villainous Pact's effect. That targeted die is allowed to block, but no other non-villain Namor's may block.
    And why it says then "Character" there? Do you think you can say it is only 1 die because of "target" that is not even in the text of the card?

There is ample documentation at this point that when you are distinctly "choosing" something that it is equivalent to targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    And why it says then "Character" there? Do you think you can say it is only 1 die because of "target" that is not even in the text of the card?
    I don't understand what you're asking.

If you're questioning what "choose" means in context, it's already established as being to choose a singular die.

Cards that establish this include:
    Black Lantern Wonder Woman - Undead Warrior
    Gamora - Deadliest Woman In The Universe
    Wonder Woman - Warrior Princess
    Vulnerability - BAC
    Deadman - Possessive Talents
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    I don't understand what you're asking.

If you're questioning what "choose" means in context, it's already established as being to choose a singular die.

Cards that establish this include:
    Black Lantern Wonder Woman - Undead Warrior
    Gamora - Deadliest Woman In The Universe
    Wonder Woman - Warrior Princess
    Vulnerability - BAC
    Deadman - Possessive Talents
    etc.
    Even so if it says Target a character. Does this mean only one die? I dont think so, a character can also be a card. Please convince me with a post in the WKRF

Reason for me to ask this: We got a debate that some Justice League Cards asking for character /characters that means all of this die for the unique card and not the character dice. But on this card it is targetting a character. So card or die?
    There are also several cards that state : "Target character die" .

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Even so if it says Target a character. Does this mean only one die? I dont think so, a character can also be a card. Please convince me with a post in the WKRF

Reason for me to ask this: We got a debate that some Justice League Cards asking for character /characters that means all of this die for the unique card and not the character dice. But on this card it is targetting a character. So card or die?
    There are also several cards that state : "Target character die" .
    Deadman - Possessive Talents:
    "When fielded, choose a character. That character cannot attack or block until Deadman is no longer active."

"Deadman’s ability refers to a single character die."
    "You targeted a character die in the Field Zone with Deadman."

This ruling directly establishes that "choose a character" means that you target a single die.

Thank you Necromanticer! I know your necromancer Skills are allways at high level!