Thread: Hey, What's That Over There?! Villain Team

Hey, What's That Over There?! Villain Team *Updated*

UPDATED!

I have an all Villains team event next weekend and the only rule is that "Players can't use cards that do ping damage," so no cards like C Cheetah, UC Mr. Sinister, Retaliation, etc. can be used. After searching through my set I came up with this funky team.

Ultron Drone - 010000100 01101001 01100101
    Red Skull - "Hail Hydra!"

Hulk Out!

The original plan for this team was to make Harley Quinn the win condition by comboing her with Ultron Drones during attacks, allowing her to just stroll through to do damage. I added Imprisoned, so if my opponent picks to lower his team's levels off Red Skull instead of raising mine, I can remove most of his team during attacks before Ultron Drone even comes into play. I'm pretty much forcing him to make my team stronger.

Mystique is there, because we know everybody is going to use her or:

Catwoman and The Joker combo is there to KO Mystiques/Black Mantas and keep them off the field. I replaced The Joker with Deathstroke because my opponent picking me to level up off Red Skull isn't a sure thing.

Cheetah is in there as an assist to Harley Quinn during attacks. I'm still undecided if I should switch to:

Both Cheetahs are good.

In the end I needed a real win condition and went with Doctor Octopus. Sadly I don't have his rare to really go crazy.

The plan of attack is to buy all my Drones and then go for Red Skull to annoy the hell out of my opponent when I field the rest of my team.

PS - I do have a question about Red Skull's ability. If my opponent can't level down or me level up characters are they forced into choosing the other option?

PPS - Crap, I can't believe I missed comboing Mystique and Hulk Out!. I'm so dumb! I don't really even need Doc Ock, so I need somebody to replace him. Maybe this would be a good time to use either:

Grundy's finally not useless!
    Last edited by vonVile; 09-05-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Updated, but I have 2 questions.

When I field a character does that character get to level up with the rest of my force?

When C Solomon Grundy blocks and takes no damage, does he absorb it all if the character uses Overcrush, since he can't be damaged?
    Last edited by vonVile; 09-05-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    Updated, but I have 2 questions.

When I field a character does that character get to level up with the rest of my force?
    If you're referring to Red Skull's ability, then no. It triggers once, it's not a lasting effect.

When C Solomon Grundy blocks and takes no damage, does he absorb it all if the character uses Overcrush, since he can't be damaged?
    Functionally, yes. If the attacking/Overcrushing character is of a lower level, then he would take no damage, wouldn't be KO'd, thus Overcrush wouldn't process.
    Last edited by pk2317; 09-05-2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Misread higher/lower