Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elf Wizard and Magneto

Not quite sure how the magneto fits into this? How do you see this combo working?

As another point one of the other elf wizards may be better, the one that moves action dice when you assign to attack (that way you do it when you want with no reliance on opponent attacking)

Edit: ignore me I'm being dense you're using magneto as your main attacker correct?

Are you using Magneto to attack with Anger issues?

Also, just use the attacking wizard. You do not want to assume your opponent will be attacking everytime to recycle the die.

I will have to look into other Elf Wizards. Until then, here's how I believe this combo would work:

1) Magneto and Elf Wizard would be in the field
    2) Pay a bolt to purchase an Anger Issues for only one energy (2 energy discount from Red Dragon and another energy discount from Elf Wizard)
    3) The following turn, roll action face of Anger Issues
    4) Use Anger Issues on Magneto
    5) Magneto attacks for a minimum of 7 and has Overcrush ability
    6) Magneto goes to used based on his ability
    7) Anger Issues moves from Used pile to Prep Area based on Elf Wizard's ability
    8) On your next turn, reroll both Magneto and Anger Issues
    9) Rinse and repeat

Thoughts?

Just use a character that uses overcrush or has potential for overcrush. Like Cyclops Slim

Id also worry about certain cards that stop you in your tracks. Transfer Power, Distraction, Smash

Only problem with this is that when you use any action die, it goes out of play until end of turn. Since Anger Issues is not yet in Used, you can't target it with the Elf Wizard the same turn you use it. I think you need the one that triggers when blocks. Just bring Phoenix or Mr. F for their taunt global.

Just use a character that uses overcrush or has potential for overcrush. Like Cyclops Slim
    I agree but the my idea was to be able to send both die to the prep area over and over for repeated attacks. If I would choose Cyclops, is there a way to efficiently cycle him?

I think you need the Elf Wizard that triggers when blocks. Just bring Phoenix or Mr. F for their taunt global.
    Thanks for the suggestion Randy. I'll look into it.

Why are you trying to recycle your Win condition? You want him on the field as long as possible doing damage. Recycling means you have to draw the die and then roll him. The possibility of him just turning up energy is a bad situation in a constructed deck.

Instead of Elf Wizard there's also Baron Zemo Thunderbolt. Pay 1 to prep Anger Issues. Kobolds come into play if you plan on using Anger Issues.

Why are you trying to recycle your Win condition?
    I'm just trying to take 20 life away from my opponent faster than he can take it away from me

The possibility of him just turning up energy is a bad situation in a constructed deck.
    Is there anyway to mitigate this?

Instead of Elf Wizard there's also Baron Zemo Thunderbolt. Pay 1 to prep Anger Issues. Kobolds come into play if you plan on using Anger Issues.
    Excellent suggestion, thank you.

Yeah......dont get him knocked out. That or try to do enough damage from the start. Have a second win condition.
    If you're looking for overcrush characters, there's a plethora of them. I found Martian Man Hunter to be a good 5 cost choice.
    Purple Worm is also another.

If you're worried about rolling the character face you can use Kang the common I think which allows an extra re roll.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Polymorph is a better option.
    Except you can't use polymorph with that magneto as he is never in the used pile to polymorph in.

@OrangeLion :

The basic idea here is fine.

Hellfire Club + Anger Issues = hard decision for opponent.

If they don't block, they take 7-9 to face, and he goes to Prep to be rerolled next turn.

If they do block, they need to commit enough defence to prevent Overcrush.

If they KO him, he goes to Prep to be rerolled next turn.

If they don't KO him, he returns to field.

And Smash, Distraction, etc, can be mitigated against using Human Paladin.

Also, Randy is correct regarding which Elf to use - you need to pull the Anger Issues due to prep on opponent's turn, so use the when assigned to block version you have in your OP, combined with Mr Fantastic or Phoenix global to force an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    You need this card to keep Action die in prep:

But only 50% of the time.

Elf Wizard + Forced Attack is guaranteed to work unless the opponent has no characters fielded.

Though it can only Prep one Action die per Elf Wizard die that blocks, whereas Lex works on every Action used (but also means he needs to be fielded).

Its actually only basic actions. Better off running Zemo instead of Lex

I wasn't talking about magneto. I was talking about Cyclops
    The OP, however, is talking about Magneto.

I wasn't talking about magneto. I was talking about Cyclops
    And I was talking about magneto so maybe we both need to be a little clearer in what it is we are talking about.

As to Polymorph vs Kang it depends what is more important to you, whilst yes polymorph will get your character's recycled faster in the most part (it does take a modicum of luck and bag control) it also only ever gets them out at level one (if you can roll the action on the dice!). Yes I know the global on polymorph can help with this but it is by no means foolproof and costs energy to do so. Kang just gives you an extra re roll which doesn't sound like much but can enable you to take chances you wouldn't normally consider (like when you roll a level 1 character face on your first roll for a character you need, when you have that extra re roll it's a viable option to roll him hoping for better), it also doesn't cost any energy or require a certain dice to be pulled then rolled (beyond the initial set up).

Is one "better" than the other? I don't think so both fill different though similar roles.

Elf Wizard is still better, because she does it for the same cost, but has purchase cost of 3 and a TFC of 1, vs a purchase cost of 4 and TFC of 5 for Baron Zemo.

Why? he is only using basic actions, so what difference does it make?

@Strange Dude I was talking to the OP about recycling Cyclops. You butted in talking about Magneto.

@Scorpion And to you I'm talking about Zemo over Lex.

And if you followed I mentioned Cyclops Slim to him and how he responded to how he would recycle the die.

I was talking to the OP about recycling Cyclops. You butted in talking about Magneto.
    Who are you talking to? You've made two posts as direct replies but not indicated whom you are addressing in either one.