Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

Currently in my cd player in my car is a band called Steriogram. Upbeat kinda punk, kinda indy band from New Zealand. They put out 2 albums in 04 and 08 (I think) then broke up. They never made it big, but they are a fun listen. This is their "hit", Walkie Talkie Man https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7UvbwCjXUk

I love this as I'm always looking for new music.

I've been listening to a lot of The National lately. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" is a fantastic song. And everything they do is right in my vocal range - not always easy when you're a bass.

Andy McKee, he's got some serious guitar chops but isn't a wanky noodler like a lot of virtuoso guitarists.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    21 Pilots. If you get the chance to see them live you absolutely must.

Quote Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
    I discovered Foxy Shazam by seeing someone post "if you like Queen, you'll like this". This one gets stuck in my head pretty often now:
    Love it!

Social Distortion, Story of my Life. Love this song, then it was the theme to a great tv show, Surviving Jack, that was cancelled by Fox. Thanks Fox.

https://youtu.be/oh8zcbC_Dcw

Edit: I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to embed videos. Ken Help!!!

Hit the "Insert Video" button on the toolbar and paste the full youtube link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8zcbC_Dcw). I'm not sure if the short link you used above will work or not. Could always give it a try.

Diablo Swing Orchestra is a pretty brilliant band. They play a vibrant blend of heavy metal, swing, samba, opera, and have even managed to fit disco, funk and pop into their blend of styles.

I'm super into this song these days from Ivory Hours.

They also have a sweet stop motion video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwmfpfEwAVk

Randy - That is a great song! I haven't heard any Social Distortion for years...

I've been hooked on a lot of Matthew Good over the last few weeks, as well as Barenaked Ladies. (Hoping their new album is a lot of fun, much like Grinning Streak was.) Tragically Hip, Fort Minor (for when I'm shooting hoops) and Ace of Base.

I'm not going to lie... I've not heard of most of the bands in this topic so far.

I think a lot of times we are secretly trying to impress people when we post what we are listening to. Or at the very least, turn people on to a new band. Not this time. My favorite song by my favorite band. I'm the only one in the office today, so I'm rocking out. Staring At The Sun by The Offspring.(On mobile. Having a tough time embedding a vid.)

Last edited by Ken; 04-16-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: embedded it for ya.

Been listening to a lot of Rabbit Junk lately. Super eclectic band that dabbles in rock, rap, electro, and industrial music.

Frank Turner... everytime I listen to Frank Turner I wonder why he isn't my all time favorite musician. ...I don't have an answer.

Never listened to Frank Turner. Any song better than others as an intro to him?

I'm not exactly listening to this right now, but my daughters requested to see this video again last night. OK Go - This Too Shall Pass. I love Rube Goldberg machines.

Loving this album quite a bit - I loved the first but this song really sealed the second offering for me.

I usually hate this style of super radio friendly radio rock as it usually just sounds dull and passionless to me, but something about this band is catchy. I don't know if that means they're actually good at making radio rock drivel, or if that means they're extra bad at it.

Not exactly the most original band or album, but this is a really good nod to old school death metal. It's both brutal and tuneful. Probably not the sort of thing most TRPers could get into but I figured I'd share anyway.

Necro bumping this thread because music is good. It's currently chill o'clock.