Thread: Jade Giant Help

Jade Giant Help

So I am trying to come up with a counter to Jade Giant. This card has become a thorn in my side in a commons only game I have been playing with a friend. I field characters he pings Jade with magic missle and voila three of my fielded characters are KO. So is I use something like blue beetle then field a villain I get one point of damage in and Jade Giant removes Blue Beetle. Any tip on a good way to counter Jade Giant?

Wait, before I give some tips. You field your character and then your opponent pings Hulk? He cant do that unless you give him priority before you plan on finishing your main step. As the active player you can whatever you want and THEN you give him priority to activate whatever globals.

As for a counter to Hulk there's quite a few.
    Grundy - Buried on a Sunday
    Millennium Puzzle
    PSylocke - Kwannon the Assassin
    Loki - Gem Keeper
    Joker - Clown Prince of Crime
    Loki: Loki Laufeyson
    Prismatic Spray - Lesser Spell

I would just choose Millennium Puzzle. You can keep your action on the field ready to bang and then just get rid of him whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by chitownroy View Post
    So I am trying to come up with a counter to Jade Giant. This card has become a thorn in my side in a commons only game I have been playing with a friend. I field characters he pings Jade with magic missle and voila three of my fielded characters are KO. So is I use something like blue beetle then field a villain I get one point of damage in and Jade Giant removes Blue Beetle. Any tip on a good way to counter Jade Giant?

Wait, before I give some tips. You field your character and then your opponent pings Hulk? He cant do that unless you give him priority before you plan on finishing your main step. As the active player you can whatever you want and THEN you give him priority to activate whatever globals.

As for a counter to Hulk there's quite a few.
    Grundy - Buried on a Sunday
    Millennium Puzzle
    PSylocke - Kwannon the Assassin
    Loki - Gem Keeper
    Joker - Clown Prince of Crime
    Loki: Loki Laufeyson
    Prismatic Spray - Lesser Spell

I would just choose Millennium Puzzle. You can keep your action on the field ready to bang and then just get rid of him whenever.

Just noticed it was commons. I think Polymorph is a good option
    Prismatic Spray is another common

Sorry let me clarify. So I field Cheeatah and since she is a villain a point of damage is done to my opponent. Since Jade Giant states when the Hulk or the players takes damage then the player is able to remove my blue beetle at this point. Unless of course we are reading this wrong. Same thing with Firestorm. Say Firestorm is in the field a lightning bolt character is fielded 2 points of damage are done to the player who the uses Hulk to remove Firestorm thus eliminating any additional damage this turn from fielding lightning bolt characters and doing the 2 points of damage.

Common AoU Loki is the only thing that comes immediately to mind.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Common AoU Loki is the only thing that comes immediately to mind.
    Yes, to me as well. And while it will work on your turn, your opponent just has one more target on his or hers. That's not news to anyone, just an observation to the OP if he or she is unaware. JG is a very strong card in little cup (or unlimited for that matter) where limited removal options are available.

Vast are you saying if I have a Firestorm or Blue Beetle in the field, then I field Cheetah and some other villians that the Blue Beetle "do 1 damage when fielding a Villian would take affect for all of the villians and then Hulk Jade Giants ability would trigger? So say I field three villians the way we had been playing is I field one engage Blue Beetles ability do 1 damage to the player and then he would use his Hulk ability to remove Blue Beetle with Hulks ability and I would continue fielding my other 2 villians but not have Blue Beetles ability to do additional damange.

Only option is the common aou Loki.

Better off playing little cup. It gives both you and your opponent a fair advantage.

Little Cup = Commons/Starters only. Which, according to the OP, is what they were playing (and the counter he needed).

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    @RJRETRO ? Am I mis-remembering?
    Nope, gray stripe only! Common or starter cards are all that's in little cup. You can't even use OP cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Nope, gray stripe only! Common or starter cards are all that's in little cup. You can't even use OP cards!
    However do you manage to remember that?

You can play commons, uncommons it just isn't considered little cup. It a different format. You can always bring your own Jade Giant also

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I was thinking more of Cyclops Slim and common drone.
    How does that answer Jade Giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    How does that answer Jade Giant?
    I thought IsaacBV was replying to me.

We also already answered the OP's options. There arent that many.

Jade Giant does a pretty good job of beating up other jade giants lol.

Leaufeyson!! He stops a lot of cards in the meta after his ruling was known

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMeth0d View Post
    Leaufeyson!! He stops a lot of cards in the meta after his ruling was known
    Jade Giant?

I was saying Loki - Loki Leaufeyson is the perfect little cup counter to jade giant, in addition to many other things in the unlimited meta, as we know it to be.