Thread: Commons Tournament

Commons Tournament

Hey all-

I've got the complete sets of AvX, Uncanny, Justice League and Ultron as well as a handful of D&D cards. We're running a commons only tourney on Thursday which has me excited at the challenge. So I am expecting to face a lot of teams with AvX Beast and Hulk as well as a decent number of Uncanny Professor X for the global. Any other thoughts what I may see a lot of at the tourney? Any suggestions for cards to use?

I'm contemplating, simply for my own enjoyment, using a common from each of the 5 sets I have some of (and maybe even borrow a Yugioh common from my son to add a 6th set). So what would you consider using from each set?

Giant Man (Marvel aou) common plus Anger Issues (Jul) and Polymorph (dnd)
    Martian Man Hunter is a good one too. (Jul)
    Professor x (uncanny)

If you listen to The Prep Area podcast (or look at their postings on the home page), they almost always feature "Little Cup" teams (Commons/Starters only). Should give you some ideas about card synergies that work well together.

Oh, man. I love stuff like this.

I am in love with Nick Fury, Mr. Anger. Nothing like fielding a bunch of Avengers for free.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    If you listen to The Prep Area podcast (or look at their postings on the home page), they almost always feature "Little Cup" teams (Commons/Starters only). Should give you some ideas about card synergies that work well together.

I will second this, there are a lot of good little cup team structures out there from The a Prep Area podcasts. Good luck!

PS. Common Morphing Jar is a MUST borrow from your son. Then PXG from UXM.

After that, pick your favorite commons and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
    Thanks a ton guys!

Also, I've wondered for a while what Little Cup was! Ha, I'll definitely check out the podcasts. Much appreciated as I hadn't considered a couple of the big hitters (Giant Man or Martian Manhunter) and Morphing Jar.
    Giant Man is my absolute favourite. That being said, the new Iron Man is really good for his cost. One bolt and his attack just jumps.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Giant Man is my absolute favourite. That being said, the new Iron Man is really good for his cost. One bolt and his attack just jumps.
    7, 6, 8 across each level with that boost. Fairly consistent and beastly.