Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Article: The Prep Area Podcast 10: Super Starhawk

  1. #1

  2. #2
    I'm jealous that I didn't think of this SwarmHawk team.

    One thought though is I always felt like with a swarm team bringing Blue Eyes to the table helped my opponent more than it helped me since all of my stuff was low cost. I realize it's a must with Grundy and definitely helps get the Stirge... but i'd personally probably look for a different form of removal. Maybe even use the Gamora Global + Grundy combo Shadowmeld was talking about instead in that segment.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I'm jealous that I didn't think of this SwarmHawk team.

    One thought though is I always felt like with a swarm team bringing Blue Eyes to the table helped my opponent more than it helped me since all of my stuff was low cost. I realize it's a must with Grundy and definitely helps get the Stirge... but i'd personally probably look for a different form of removal. Maybe even use the Gamora Global + Grundy combo Shadowmeld was talking about instead in that segment.
    Great insight, I haven't gotten enough Reps in on this team to really get that deep on it, but it is based on that awesome @Flexei Johnny Swarm action. Plus alot of folks are asking me to stop using BEWD on my teams, now they have an alternative!

  4. #4
    Heck. Yeaaah. Awesome podcast, guys. Thanks for taking my request, Shadowmeld!

  5. #5
    Thanks for the podcast fellas!

    Wait a second @Dave you have all eight SR from WoL and are holding out to Thursday to spoil them?!?! "The" does sound rather convincing...

  6. #6
    2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion
    360

    Location
    Akron, OH
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post

    Wait a second @Dave you have all eight SR from WoL and are holding out to Thursday to spoil them?!?! "The" does sound rather convincing...
    Whistling and looking innocent...

  7. #7
    I didn't know people on here hadn't seen this already, my locals has been taken over by similar teams and ideas for weeks lol. Everyone loves that Starhawk Precognitive! Not my cup of tea personally, but the damage it can put out is real. Consistent removal is a must have though.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    Thanks for the podcast fellas!

    Wait a second @Dave you have all eight SR from WoL and are holding out to Thursday to spoil them?!?! "The" does sound rather convincing...
    Fine, fine, here's another word:

    "You."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Fine, fine, here's another word:

    "You."
    Y U DO THIS

    Is there a "can" in there? How about an "if"? OH GOD STOP TEASING ME I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59840821.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	2991  

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    OH OH ... "Other" and "KO" are also on Half of them....
    BLACK LANTERZ R CONFIRM GAIZ

  12. #12
    Really enjoyed the show. Love the teams and I really like it when you feature cards that aren't getting a lot of love.

    I would like to see you guys come up with something for Daredevil. He is my favorite Marvel character. While his cards are somewhat thematic, I've not been too inspired by them. Anything you can do with them?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    Really enjoyed the show. Love the teams and I really like it when you feature cards that aren't getting a lot of love.

    I would like to see you guys come up with something for Daredevil. He is my favorite Marvel character. While his cards are somewhat thematic, I've not been too inspired by them. Anything you can do with them?
    I agree! I was so sad when I saw the Daredevil cards.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I'm jealous that I didn't think of this SwarmHawk team.

    One thought though is I always felt like with a swarm team bringing Blue Eyes to the table helped my opponent more than it helped me since all of my stuff was low cost. I realize it's a must with Grundy and definitely helps get the Stirge... but i'd personally probably look for a different form of removal. Maybe even use the Gamora Global + Grundy combo Shadowmeld was talking about instead in that segment.
    I've been playing around with the rare Nightcrawler on an Ultron team, he's one of my favorite characters and combos well with the drone global. Or you could swap in Deadpool Jack.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    I would like to see you guys come up with something for Daredevil. He is my favorite Marvel character. While his cards are somewhat thematic, I've not been too inspired by them. Anything you can do with them?
    I hope so. I'm a big fan of DD too. What do you think, @Shadowmeld ?

  17. #17
    He was a character i was thinking about doing for next episode, then I realized, I din't need to put a slightly better version of vixen on my team

    New DD in ASM though, here's hoping.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    He was a character i was thinking about doing for next episode, then I realized, I din't need to put a slightly better version of vixen on my team

    New DD in ASM though, here's hoping.
    DD=AoU Vixen?!?!

    Harsh. But sadly true.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    DD=AoU Vixen?!?!

    Harsh. But sadly true.
    Don't get me wrong, he's pretty decent in draft. he's got good stats for a cheap fist. He just is out shone by almost every other 3 cost fist character you could bring, including UC Ultron Drone, outside of set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •