Thread: WES - Scoring for Dice Masters Event

WES - Scoring for Dice Masters Event

Does anyone know the difference, when setting up an event, between Standard and Dice Masters scoring method?

By accident, lol.

Somehow, for an event that I'd set up, and I almost was 100% certain I made it with Dice Masters scoring setting, the other judge judged, and I dunno if he just chose the default without thinking when starting, but default scoring doesn't do 1 point for a tie, 3 for a win. It just goes by W/L record, without a point system (2-0-1 is 3+3+1=7 points), and doesn't use strength of schedule either... it doesn't list it at least.

I don't see the advantages to using it for any reason... maybe for HeroClix if you aren't keeping track of points scored by each opponent.

Just always use Dice Masters standard scoring. Don't use "normal," it's only more accurate with a better way of showing why each person won what place, and really, you need to be using it in case something ends in a tie... otherwise both people don't get anything.

I think it basically just goes by W/L record without strength of schedule or points.

There is an error in the Dice Masters scoring system though, where it awards no points for a bye rather than the three points it should be awarding. Be aware of that.

How does the WES system handle true ties.

We often end up with a true tie on our weekly swiss nights, first is usually a player going 3-0, second is a 2-1 player with a higher SOS and 3rd is often a 2 way tie with players going 2-1 with the same SOS.

I wasn't sure how it determines the ranking there but a lot of the kits have 3 of the higher up promo.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    How does the WES system handle true ties.

We often end up with a true tie on our weekly swiss nights, first is usually a player going 3-0, second is a 2-1 player with a higher SOS and 3rd is often a 2 way tie with players going 2-1 with the same SOS.

I wasn't sure how it determines the ranking there but a lot of the kits have 3 of the higher up promo.
    For official OP events, 1-2 would go to first/second place, 1 as a fellowship award and 0-1 for the judge, depending on how its run.

Use manually this and check with WES:

I've had some problems with the WES before. Mainly with repairings. It really likes (by round 4 or 5 of swiss) to repair players, say two players play round 1 and both end up at 3-1. It will repair them round 5. I've always seen swiss run where you play different opponents in each swiss round and it can be quite a headache to reseat them all.

I've found the PDC trick of putting in a fake account as the bye works really well. Unfortunately sometimes it will repair a player with the bye twice (another manual repairing is required then).