Thread: Guardians!

Guardians!

Shadowmeld put forth a pretty fun looking budget guardians deck, based on Starhawk: Precognitive, in the most recent TPA podcast. If you didn't check it out, you should. I had to make a couple small changes just cuz I didn't have a couple of the cards. Here they are:

I didn't have:
    Black Widow: Natasha
    Stinking Cloud
    Invulnerability

(Yes, next pay wife amd I are picking up various starters to get the BACs)

I added:
    Pepper Potts: CEO of Stark Industries. Although she doesn't become unblockable, she does spin down enemy dice and with Iron Man out gets in a point of damage as well

Reckless Melee - Deals all around damage like Stinking Cloud

Anger Issues - Gives Overcrush so Iceman, Captain Marvel and Starhawk get through.

I know the changes aren't ideal. Anyone think of other BACs that might go well instead? I'm currently limited to JL and UXM

Thanks

If you want a heavy hitter for Starhawk, go with Giant Man Vanilla. With Captain Marvel Spinning up characters, who doesnt want a 9/9 character smashing you.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    If you want a heavy hitter for Starhawk, go with Giant Man Vanilla. With Captain Marvel Spinning up characters, who doesnt want a 9/9 character smashing you.
    I like Iron Man - Invincible. He's a 4 cost bolt, and you need a bolt to activate him, but he's 9, 8, and 10 attack on each level, respectively when combo'd with Starhawk. And remember, the Starhawk bonus is attack only. Giant Man would go 3/1, 6/4, 9/7. Iron Man in this scenario goes 9/3, 8/4, 10/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    I like Iron Man - Invincible. He's a 4 cost bolt, and you need a bolt to activate him, but he's 9, 8, and 10 attack on each level, respectively when combo'd with Starhawk. And remember, the Starhawk bonus is attack only. Giant Man would go 3/1, 6/4, 9/7. Iron Man in this scenario goes 9/3, 8/4, 10/4.
    I also like the uncommon Giant Man over Iron Man. Possibility of spinning himself up. Knock out one of your characters (pawn) and captain Marvel causing combat damage. Two spin up's.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I also like the uncommon Giant Man over Iron Man. Possibility of spinning himself up. Knock out one of your characters (pawn) and captain Marvel causing combat damage. Two spin up's.
    Well he certainly has the advantage of carrying the Guardian affiliation for this theme. But 9, 8, 10 is second only to FWX in attack value for 4 cost, and he doesn't have to attack alone.