Thread: Looking for some advice

Looking for some advice

Hi there fellow dice players
    Well I need some advice about the team I'll play on the French National next sunday
    Let me put things straight first :
    - I haven't played in two months
    - I haven't bought any Age of Ultron yet , and I only have cards and dice from the Marvel and DC expansions ( except for the action cards form D&D)

I wasn't supposed to go to the National but my timetable changed at the last moment so I'll be able to attend
    Since I haven't played in a while I decided to play a team I'm comfortable with . Tell me what you think about it

- Constantine,Hellblazer (x3)
    - Zatanna (x3) ( the one that enable me to draw a dice when she's fielded
    - Cheetah,cursed archaeologist (x3)
    - The Flash,Barry Allen (x3)
    - Iceman,too cool for words (x1)
    - Nova, the human rocket (x3)
    - Hulk,green goliath (x3)
    - Professor X, recruting young mutants (x1)

- Magic missile
    - Polymorph

Well it's pretty obvious that the combo Nova/magic missile is my first win condition
    I also have a secondary one : Hulk/The Flash : Hulk clears the opponent board and the Flash attacks unblocked
    Iceman is there to provide bolt energy
    Cheetah can be useful for early attacks and then for bolt energy
    Prof X and Zatanna are here for ramp
    Constantine helps me delaying my opponent strategy ( as well as Hulk and polymorph)

What do you think

I haven't played in two months
    Try Vassal out and test your team, even against yourself if no one is around or you have someone that can play with you(not 1 match, but 3-4 games)

I haven't bought any Age of Ultron yet , and I only have cards and dice from the Marvel and DC expansions ( except for the action cards form D&D)
    If you would find card that would be needed in your team from AOU, ask a Buddy for it to use if at hand. But before try out at Vassal or as Proxy at home.

I also have a secondary one : Hulk/The Flash : Hulk clears the opponent board and the Flash attacks unblocked
    Iceman is there to provide bolt energy
    Flash seems not the best choice here. why do you want him attack if you could clear the whole board and finish your enemy with Hulk and everything else instead?
    Something with Control or Removal is what your team would giving a bit of boost here i think.

Control:
    Since you have much globals why not take Wasp Rare (AOU, like i said if possible).

Removal:
    Storm (3cost/5cost) from AVX
    Punisher Common (4cost Bolt)

Counter:
    Wonder Woman (4) : While active, When Fielded from Villains deals no Damage to you
    (Human Paladin (4) Lesser D&D: Global 1 Shield reduce damage from X to 1 to you and while active against globals to target your characters)

Damage:
    Green Goblin: Gobby(3) Bolt Super Rare... well if you can get it for the tournament why not?
    Fielding him, deal damage with SDKs you rolled maybe in the same turn, safe a Bolt, take your SDKs as bolts back, attack with Gobby, use Magic Missile on Nova if he is also on the field = Mass damage in 1 turn.

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
    Thanks for your advice . I especially like the idea of Punisher or Wasp
    I was thinking about Toad , Mortimer Toynbee to force characters that bother me to attack
    Your team is loosely based a little on mine. Check my team out. Ive been deciding to either keep Deadpool or just go for Millennium Puzzle. If there are characters that annoy you, go for Deadpool. Force them to block. In the end that character will be KO'ed. Constantine comes in and wipes their text for a turn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	3006

Same idea as yours.
    Morphing Jars provide masks for Distraction/PXG ramp
    Hulk to Blow away swarm teams or burn decks. Works well with Constantine
    Constantine to provide that extra control to stop a rush deck of some sort (Gobby, Tsarina etc)
    Deadpool to ensure that KO (Jinzo, Hulk, Constantine)
    Nova being the win condition.
    Wasp for that burn and slows down a team rather well.
    Iceman to provide those bolts for Nova or Hulk
    Distraction to keep those big hitters away. Wont work against Human Paladin but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed View Post
    Thanks for showing me your team . Very interesting . I haven't thought of Deadpool but he's a pretty nice removal card too.
    And the more I see the rare Wasp, the more I like her . Definitely one of the best card from AoU for what I've seen so far
    I abuse this card a lot. I was a heavy Jinzo player when I started. One of my favorite cards. Now I abuse Wasp and 95% of the time she is on my team. Just a solid card to stay on the field.

As for Deadpool, the minute I read his card when I played I knew he was World Champ material. With Distraction, its a great combo. Force them to block. Before he dies, you pay that mask and pull him back killing the character.