Thread: Random Die Effect

Random Die Effect

you know how the clear die usually have a bubble in the middle of them? Have you every seen one with liquid in the bubble? I got a Wasp like that. I can't get a photo to turn out right or a video that captures it to show it off.

I have not seen anything like this and just looked through my Wasp dice. One reflected light to almost look like liquid, by it was just the light. I'll keep a closer eye on my WoL dice and be on the look out.
    How big is the bubble with liquid?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    I have not seen anything like this and just looked through my Wasp dice. One reflected light to almost look like liquid, by it was just the light. I'll keep a closer eye on my WoL dice and be on the look out.
    How big is the bubble with liquid?
    I vibrated it to make sure. It does look like it might be a light trick at first, but direct sunlight and a slow shake makes it pretty clear there is some fluid in there. The bubble inside is about the same size as any die's bubble, and so there is not a lot of fluid in there at all. It looks closer to empty than full. I really want to crack it open to find out if it's water in there or something else but then I'm getting rid of something fairly unique and neat. I'm weird.

I'm not even sure I know how I'd open it up. you can't really just grab a sawzall and go to it, right?

Are you sure you're not looking at a piece of Freshen Up Gum? If you chew it, maybe the flavor will squirt in your mouth!

(the post was for demonstration only, do not try this at home. Results not typical. If symptoms persist, please call your mother - she misses you. Warranty void in AK, CA, and New Zealand. Fahrvergnügen)

Whatever you do, do not crack it open!

It's not water.

It's the same stuff that at the centre of golf balls.

And it's HIGHLY toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Whatever you do, do not crack it open!

It's not water.

It's the same stuff that at the centre of golf balls.

And it's HIGHLY toxic.
    So, what I'm hearing you say is, Ice cream topping.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    So, what I'm hearing you say is, Ice cream topping.
    I have a bubble in one of my constantine dice.....whats the big deal again?

You might as well crack it open, bubbles suck in dice as they shift the weight and affect the rolls. Liquid in there too? The die is pretty much useless, a good electric saw should do the trick.

As for the weight part of bubbled dice, you can actually check the weight of rolls by filling a glass with water, and adding a butt ton of salt to it, so that the dice float at the top. From there, just flick the die so see where it lands, do that a few times, and if it lands on the same side(s) most of the time, that's where the die will most commonly land. If it's different every time, congrats! you have a properly made die!

I learned this trick after having a HORRIBLE bout of rolls in a couple warmachine games. I found that typically clear dice are made a lot better since you can actually see the imperfections in the die, opaque dice hide the bubbles, so most companies don't care about those.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnofist View Post
    You might as well crack it open, bubbles suck in dice as they shift the weight and affect the rolls. Liquid in there too? The die is pretty much useless, a good electric saw should do the trick.

As for the weight part of bubbled dice, you can actually check the weight of rolls by filling a glass with water, and adding a butt ton of salt to it, so that the dice float at the top. From there, just flick the die so see where it lands, do that a few times, and if it lands on the same side(s) most of the time, that's where the die will most commonly land. If it's different every time, congrats! you have a properly made die!

I learned this trick after having a HORRIBLE bout of rolls in a couple warmachine games. I found that typically clear dice are made a lot better since you can actually see the imperfections in the die, opaque dice hide the bubbles, so most companies don't care about those.
    You are my new favorite person. It is hard to teach me new things about dice. I am SO trying this out.

I have not seen liquid in any of my bubbles-but maybe I need to take a closer look