Thread: SR Lanten Battery

SR Lanten Battery

I was listening to the podcast and had a question about this one. It apparently says your opponent has to pay 1 life per character to block. I'm assuming we're counting dice here and not unique characters.

For example, if they have 2 Iron Man out, is that 1 life to block with both of them (active) or 2 life (count dice). Either way it's crazy good, but I was curious as to people's interpretation. It doesn't seem to fit either "the more the merrier" or "leave me alone" as per the Namor ruling.

My ~guess~ would be it is per die. I kind of take it as the opposite of Captain Cold's or Black Canary's "When this character attacks pay [Bolt]" abilities which are paid per die. Basically, I see it something like when the Lantern Battery is active all your opponent's characters gain "When this character is assigned to block, pay 1 life or negate that blocking assignment".

Granted that could easily be entirely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    My ~guess~ would be it is per die. I kind of take it as the opposite of Captain Cold's or Black Canary's "When this character attacks pay [Bolt]" abilities which are paid per die. Basically, I see it something like when the Lantern Battery is active all your opponent's characters gain "When this character is assigned to block, pay 1 life or negate that blocking assignment".

Granted that could easily be entirely wrong.
    I support that, per Die, like
    and yeah they never rule for her, if character/monster means = 1 die or the card, but her text explains it really clear "that does not block" and cards cannot block, but dice can!

Holy Moly these both cards together in one turn can really twist the head of your opponent ^^ , even it is expensive and rare to occure, it could be fun !

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    So want to play that harpie battery now
    O man, you are naming it, means I will face it eventually .....