Thread: Villainous Smackdown

Villainous Smackdown

Team name is the only one I can come up with at the moment. Anyway, off to the team.

Simple concept. Overcrush team.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	3023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	3024Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultron Drone - One of a Million.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	3025

As for the BAC's I'm switching in between and cant decide
    Started off with Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hulk Out.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	3026

Then to

Figured this be a good one.

Any suggestions? If you say Cyclops - Slim I know but I want to take a crack at using Doctor Octopus first and see how he pulls out.

i have run the barno zemo action thing and it really works sometimes, if you can get it all set up
    Who exactly is your bruiser for overcrush? oh wait, just realized its doc oc as i was typing...

After removing Hulk Out, where's the Overcrush? Am I just blind? Did this turn into a defensive team winning with pings from Red Dragon, Wasp, Power Bolt, and Ultron Drone while keeping the board clear with Puzzle and by forcing Doc Oc blocks?
    EDIT: Nevermind, it turns out I am, in fact, blind.

Also, if you're using Zemo with Puzzle, continuous actions are considered used when they're put into the field, not when you use the effect, so that interaction would put in into prep when you try to field it. Ignore this if you're playing that right, just wanted to mention it just in case, or if someone sees that and thinks it looks like a cool interaction.

I think you were best off with Hulk Out and Cone of Cold. Even with Red Dragon, Hulk Out is so much more of a convenient buy than Anger Issues and the Cone of Cold global is incredibly good for what you're trying to do here. Also, why no Goblin Attack Force? It seems like the strategy here is to pump into Doc Oc, buy Ultron Drones when necessary, and swing in solo with overcrush to do massive damage utilizing kobolds for Cone of Cold's global.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasci View Post
    I think you were best off with Hulk Out and Cone of Cold. Even with Red Dragon, Hulk Out is so much more of a convenient buy than Anger Issues and the Cone of Cold global is incredibly good for what you're trying to do here. Also, why no Goblin Attack Force? It seems like the strategy here is to pump into Doc Oc, buy Ultron Drones when necessary, and swing in solo with overcrush to do massive damage utilizing kobolds for Cone of Cold's global.
    Um, have you noticed the Drones global? It acts the same way as Goblin attack force but I get to choose who blocks who. It's also nifty considering I can force block my drone to capture the big bruisers and swing in with Doc Oc. They either choose to block DOC and take some damage (if I can get that third face) or they block him. Hulk out being so cheap really helps for both my Drones and Doc OC.

As for the Kobolds they offer many different things. They offer that ramp, churn and energy for a couple of cards. They help buy Hulk Outs, Baron Zemo energy, Cone of Cold/Anger Issues and possibly Breath weapon if I skip DOC for Red Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazulleptra View Post
    After removing Hulk Out, where's the Overcrush? Am I just blind? Did this turn into a defensive team winning with pings from Red Dragon, Wasp, Power Bolt, and Ultron Drone while keeping the board clear with Puzzle and by forcing Doc Oc blocks?
    EDIT: Nevermind, it turns out I am, in fact, blind.

Also, if you're using Zemo with Puzzle, continuous actions are considered used when they're put into the field, not when you use the effect, so that interaction would put in into prep when you try to field it. Ignore this if you're playing that right, just wanted to mention it just in case, or if someone sees that and thinks it looks like a cool interaction.
    Yeah I knew about the Millennium Puzzle and Zemo interaction. As much as I dont like the rule Ill just abuse it. So why the 'heck' not. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10471559-Puzzled-man-at-computer-shrugs-shoulders-and-expresses-lack-of-knowledge-Stock-Photo.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	3042

I don't understand the Baron Zemo and Millennium Puzzle interaction -- could one of you explain what that means at length?

Goblin Attack Force costs half as many fists as the Drone. If you're going to be attacking with just drones or just Doc Oc, there's no reason to pay double with the drone global to force a character to block a specific die when you can pay one fist with GAF to have the character block the only die you're using to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasci View Post
    I don't understand the Baron Zemo and Millennium Puzzle interaction -- could one of you explain what that means at length?

Goblin Attack Force costs half as many fists as the Drone. If you're going to be attacking with just drones or just Doc Oc, there's no reason to pay double with the drone global to force a character to block a specific die when you can pay one fist with GAF to have the character block the only die you're using to attack.
    If you notice I dont have a character spot for the Goblins. It also helps that if my opponent wants to use the Global on me they have to pay double and it hurts them. Ive used Drones and Kobolds for my Gobble em up team. From experience I can get a LOT of fists. I dont mind paying that much when I force someone.

Also mentioned that if I attack with both Doc and Drones, I can force the big guys to block my drone(s) removing their high defensive blockers, added with overcrush, getting some possible damage off their fielding cost and having Doc swing in. They either block him or let him through. Not many want a 8/8 hitting them in the face with overcrush.

As for the Millennium Puzzle and Zemo interaction I'll just give you the ruling

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=7426

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Yeah I knew about the Millennium Puzzle and Zemo interaction. As much as I dont like the rule Ill just abuse it.
    I'm interested in how you plan to "abuse" the Zemo/Puzzle interaction.

It seems to me that this is one interaction that can't be abused.

So, what is your thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I'm interested in how you plan to "abuse" the Zemo/Puzzle interaction.

It seems to me that this is one interaction that can't be abused.

So, what is your thinking?
    Field, remove character, pay to prep, , prep it, roll to character face next turn. Repeat. Profit

Field, remove character, pay to prep, , prep it, roll to character face next turn. Repeat. Profit
    That's what I thought.

You need to read that ruling again

That's what I thought.

You need to read that ruling again
    Read more into it. Zemo being replaced with Elf Wizard - Less Harper.

Read more into it. Zemo being replaced with Elf Wizard - Less Harper.
    Yeah, that works better.

Might rethink using Elf Wizard and go for Human Paladin to work against Transfer Power, Distraction and Smash.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	3043 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultron Drone - One of a Million.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	3044 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hulk Out.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	3045

Might rethink using Elf Wizard and go for Human Paladin to work against Transfer Power, Distraction and Smash.
    In that case I would consider swapping Puzzle for Grundy and RDG for BEG.

In that case I would consider swapping Puzzle for Grundy and RDG for BEG.
    I rather not for Blue Eyes
    My opponent could blow up his forced blockers dealing less damage with Doc Oc

I rather not for Blue Eyes
    My opponent could blow up his forced blockers dealing less damage with Doc Oc
    Yeah, good point.