Thread: Wasp Rare Damage for Globals

Wasp Rare Damage for Globals

Short question here,

I know i can use a Global if possible, multiple times and can even use more than the needed energy to buy this global as one Activation but with its effect multiplied right?

So if Wasp Rare is active, and i use
    1 Magic Missile and after that again to ping my Hulk 2 times, i would get 2 Damage.
    But what if i use the Magic Missile Global 2times in on acitvation , so i pay 2 Bolts and use the global once on my Hulk and deal him 2 Damage. I would 1 Damage correct?

But what if i want to use PXG more than one time? His text says "up to 2 Sidekicks", so it wouldnt be possible to use the Global with 2 Masks of energy and move 4 sidekics and i have to do it seperate and two times and would get 2 Damage from Wasp?

Batch payment of globals is something that (still) needs clarifying by WizKids.

for reference, page 24 of rulebook:
    Global Abilities that are paid for in a batch resolve as a single effect.

Also for reference:

Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    Quote Originally Posted by mesademon
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    1. It isn't a new source, it can only increase damage being dealt.
    (So no on the Hulk example)
    2. It can only add damage to a character who is already taking damage. So if you were using Power Bolt to do 2 damage to your opponent's character with 3 defense, Human Torch could help you KO them. However, if you were trying to KO your opponent's Doctor Strange with 9 defense, you couldn't pay 7 Bolts for Human Torch's ability.
    (If you were already doing damage to the Hulk, yes, but typically there isn't a reason since it isn't a new source and wouldn't trigger his ability an additional time)
    Why wouldn't you be able to do the 7 damage to Dr.Strange? I was under the impression that this passage from the rulebook allows it.

During the main step and attack step, both players can use global abilities. In many cases, global abilities may be used more than once if the cost can be paid multiple times. As with purchasing dice, you can partially spend non-generic energy. Global abilities that are paid for in a batch resolve as a single effect.
    "In many cases" but not every case. Certain abilities, like Human Torch's and War Machine's need something to happen for them to react to. They may only react in the appropriate window, and only react once. After the first use, you're no longer reacting to the initial damage, you're reacting to an increase in damage or in War Machine's case you're reacting to a Global and not a character dealing damage to your opponent during the Attack Step.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...&t=1611&p=4873

Thanks all for the answers . Now i am relieved i didnt play wrong and won fair and square.

But the PXG i still have to do as single one right?

A lot of people play that you can't batch pay for any globals.

Some say only active player.

Others that it depends on what type of global it is.

And all the positions have good reasoning behind them.

Bottom line is that until WizKids clarifies it further then we just don't know.

But, if your opponent and/or the judge agreed with the way you played, then you won fair and square.

What's the argument for batch payment? Avoiding slowing down the game in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    What's the argument for batch payment? Avoiding slowing down the game in some way?

If you go by what it says in the rule book:

Global Abilities that are paid for in a batch resolve as a single effect.

Then you could, for example, Magic Missile Global your opponent's Hulk Jade Giant 8 times, to KO it, and only have it trigger once.

However, the ruling that I quoted seems to imply that even when batch paid each instance of a global resolves separately (otherwise you could batch pay for Human Torch Global several times as a reaction to an effect). Or that reactive globals can't be paid for in a batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwduck View Post
    I would say that reactive globals can't be batch paid. I've also always played that if I batch pay globals the effects resolve separately. For instance, if I were to batch pay PXG as in my last post, I would still take 2 damage from Rare Wasp because I activated a global twice. I don't know if that's specifically how it is supposed to be done, but I consider it to be the fairest resolution.
    You would take 2 damage
    It's the same for Jinzo trap destroyer. Every time you use a global, deduct life

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Batch payment of globals is something that (still) needs clarifying by WizKids.
    I have asked them twice already... maybe I'll send a third one.

Quote Originally Posted by varthanna View Post
    I have asked them twice already... maybe I'll send a third one.
    I've asked at least once too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwduck View Post
    I would say that reactive globals can't be batch paid. I've also always played that if I batch pay globals the effects resolve separately. For instance, if I were to batch pay PXG as in my last post, I would still take 2 damage from Rare Wasp because I activated a global twice. I don't know if that's specifically how it is supposed to be done, but I consider it to be the fairest resolution.
    I think it is fair to be able to batch-pay PXGs and only take 1 damage from Wasp. I assume that if you PXG by batch with 2 masks and you only had 3 Sidekicks in used, you would only get to move 3 sidekicks to the prep area(instead of 4 doing it one at a time).

but maybe I am just biased because in our area, the rare wasp is almost SR-like in status. I only know 3 people who have it (it seems to be very hard to get), and they keep on winning when they play it. LOL XP

Well i am not so sure if you can Batch pay PXG, because the text says "move up to 2 Sidekicks" .
    Because normal your allowed "singular" action but, also a manner of sportsmanship in normal not Tournament games just to pass back again so your opponent can do a second time PXG, while you think about your strategy.