Thread: Hawkeye - Avengers Disassembled + Cyclops Field Leader

Hawkeye - Avengers Disassembled + Cyclops Field Leader

Hawkeye - Avengers Disassembled + Cyclops Field Leader

Scenario

5 sidekicks and 1 4/4 (level 3 Human Torch) on the opponents field

I have 1 Field Leader active then I field Hawkeye - AD (level 1)3/1
    Can i distribute ,0 Damage on the 5 sidekicks and 3 damage on human torch then have all damage increase by 1 due to Field Leader?

It's also questionable whether you can have Hawkeye deal 1+1 four times or 1 four times plus 1 additional from Field Leader for a total of 5, and in Hawkeye's case I'd lean towards the latter.

This is a great idea. The next time I play I'm going to use Captain America - Man out of time...once I've got him in the field, I'll do 0 combat damage to myself 20 times...game over!

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    It's also questionable whether you can have Hawkeye deal 1+1 four times or 1 four times plus 1 additional from Field Leader for a total of 5, and in Hawkeye's case I'd lean towards the latter.
    I was thinking about this recently, and Im not really sure in my mind. If Punisher attacks and deals two damage to each character, does he deal 3 to everyone, or 1 extra damage to one of the characters. The OP Hawkeye is similar but slightly different and it would seem a little strange if it was treated differently. Logically I would say Hawkeye does an additional damage to each target, but Im unsure which way it would be ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongardner View Post
    I was thinking about this recently, and Im not really sure in my mind. If Punisher attacks and deals two damage to each character, does he deal 3 to everyone, or 1 extra damage to one of the characters. The OP Hawkeye is similar but slightly different and it would seem a little strange if it was treated differently. Logically I would say Hawkeye does an additional damage to each target, but Im unsure which way it would be ruled.
    They haven't ruled one way or the other for Punisher, Quicksilver, Cable, et al (despite having an answered rules forum question where they had the perfect opportunity, natch). I think the general consensus so far is that they all deal just 1 point extra meted out wherever you want it.

The difference for me in how I interpret them, should those other ones get +1 to all victims, is that I parse Hawkeye as dealing damage equal to his attack. You may then distribute it however you like, but the total damage he deals is equal to his attack, and Cyclops makes that damage "equal to his attack +1" which is then distributed.

Ahh the Field Leader discussion

Lean me your ear new friend, and I will tell you a tell of a debate that went around and around for the longest time - http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...Leader-Wording