Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turbo lax Thanos

Turbo lax Thanos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	3046

This is my latest speed ramp team with a pretty hefty hit in the form of Thanos unblockable nastiness.

OK basics are buy and ramp into Thanos as quick as possible then use ramp combined with Summoned skull global to recycle thanos super quick. Removal is by combination Peppa and Smash with a side of constantine to slow your opponent down, Anger issues looks a bit odd but from playing have a lot of spare fist energy and lacked a way to boost attack (plus if my opponent buys it great).

Quote Originally Posted by Lasci View Post
    Do you just use BEWD to cycle through multiple kobolds, jars, and sidekicks?

Seems pretty snazzy.
    Pretty much you need some stuff for blocking but you only really need 1 kobold in the field to power the swarm and pepper is a when fielded effect so BEWD is used to knock out anything you don't need (starting with non sidekicks) to increase energy production reduce dice costs to buy Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Dude View Post
    Pretty much you need some stuff for blocking but you only really need 1 kobold in the field to power the swarm and pepper is a when fielded effect so BEWD is used to knock out anything you don't need (starting with non sidekicks) to increase energy production reduce dice costs to buy Thanos.
    You might want to have a back up to get Thanos through

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    You might want to have a back up to get Thanos through
    Thanos is unblockable he doesn't need help getting through.

Might want Doom Calzone in case of Distraction. You might want to not be all-in in case of Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Might want Doom Calzone in case of Distraction. You might want to not be all-in in case of Grundy.
    Doom caliber knight would be nice and distraction is perhaps this builds downfall but I have no space every part has a role to play. As to Grundy I would like to say that the above was a very broad strokes overview of the strategy and that like all plans you must be prepared to adapt it to suit the opponent.

Thanos is unblockable he doesn't need help getting through.
    He does need help getting through
    Distraction, Transfer Power. The power globals lowering your chances of winning.

Might think about having Johnny storm for that swarm deck. Your alternate win condition. Do you need morphing jars? If it's to supply your Pxg it's really not needed. Your kobolds would pull in enough ramp and Churn. Summoned Skull makes sense but those Kobolds will Churn Thanos out very quickly. Pepper potts isn't going to do much. If it were Johnny Storm then pepper Potts makes sense. Field, spin down, ping them with Johnny and possibility of killing off some characters.

This is what I see with that Johnny Swarm deck. Blue Eyes make's sense when it comes to this deck. You wan to knock out characters to re-field them and swinging in with Thanos for high damage/finishing off. Grundy also plays a good role.

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	3048
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 09-12-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Ill be honest, that Johnny Swarm deck I just posted up in here looks fun. I think I'll try it out. No gimmicks. Just straight to the point.

To the original team, it needs removal, probably Grundy. As it is, if I put down Joker-Clown Prince of Crime or Loki-Gem Keeper against you, I most likely win. Basically, what's your plan for if Thanos gets shut down? To that point, I really like VastSpartans Johnny Swarm variant for Thanos, with swapping Human Torch for either of the removed cards if you don't like that addition.

The Johnny Swarm variant doesn't need Thanos, or DCK, or Anger Issues.

It's an entirely different team to the one the OP has made.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    The Johnny Swarm variant doesn't need Thanos, or DCK, or Anger Issues.

It's an entirely different team to the one the OP has made.
    Why you gotta hate

The original idea is still there. Thanos. And of course it doens't need him but it's certainly a win condition. DCK is needed for Thanos to get through. Anger Issues + Kobold fist energy provide the lethal to end a game in one swing.
    The also provide the fist energy for Smash and DCK.

Why you gotta hate

The original idea is still there. Thanos.
    Not hating. Just stating the facts as I see them.

Thanos may be on the team you built, but that doesn't make it a Thanos team.

You said it yourself it's a Johnny Swarm team.

You'll rarely if ever buy Thanos or either of the things that support that strategy.

If you want it to be Johnny Swarm team then those three slots would be better utilised to support the core Johnny Swarm strategy.

Similarly, if you want it to be a Thanos team then the Johnny Storm slot would be better used supporting the core Thanos strategy.

That's just good team building practice.

You'll rarely if ever buy Thanos or either of the things that support that strategy.

If you want it to be Johnny Swarm team then those three slots would be better utilised to support the core Johnny Swarm strategy.

Similarly, if you want it to be a Thanos team then the Johnny Storm slot would be better used supporting the core Thanos strategy.

Its the same idea with Obelisk. You swing in with him with hope that you land the damage. Thanos is the same but will work because he is unblock able.

Where did you get the idea that Thanos would no be bought? Johnny Storm, Kobolds and Thanos on the field.

Stating a fact? That's opinion. Which I can argue.

Where did you get the idea that Thanos would no be bought? Johnny Storm, Kobolds, Constantine and Thanos. Grundy if there's trouble. You have your Kobolds being blockers with smash aiding. You have Thanos swinging in and the swarm effect churning him. Johnny pinging away with SK's and Kobolds building that wall.

Yeah. I understand the OP's team. I'm not stupid.

I think you will rarely buy Thanos in the Johnny Swarm team because there is no need to. You just Johnny Swarm the opponent to death. In that context Thanos is just a win more pick. And so you'll rarely buy him because you'll rarely need to.

I think you will rarely buy Thanos in the Johnny Swarm team because there is no need to. You just Johnny Swarm the opponent to death. In that context Thanos is just a win more pick. And so you'll rarely buy him because you'll rarely need to.
    I never said you were stupid.

We pointed out that there are some big weaknesses to his team. Thanos being the only one swinging in on hope. I understood his team minus that Pepper Potts.

That is opinion that Thanos will rarely be bought. I would buy him. That's just added pressure with him on the field.

As many of us, we came here to help him out. Team's are always tweaked. I gave him some popular options when it comes to a competitive team.

You were condescending.

And, yes, "the facts as I see them" means "my opinion".

Also I agree that the OP's team could be improved.

But turning it into a Johnny Swarm team is not improving his team, it's making it in to an entirely different team.

You could take your Johnny Swarm version and put any three cards in place of Thanos, DCK and Anger Issues.

Because it's a Johnny Swarm team.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	3046

This is my latest speed ramp team with a pretty hefty hit in the form of Thanos unblockable nastiness.

OK basics are buy and ramp into Thanos as quick as possible then use ramp combined with Summoned skull global to recycle thanos super quick. Removal is by combination Peppa and Smash with a side of constantine to slow your opponent down, Anger issues looks a bit odd but from playing have a lot of spare fist energy and lacked a way to boost attack (plus if my opponent buys it great).
    Out of your original concept idea of the team I would just take out Pepper Potts and put DCK for Thanos. And instead of Morphing Jars go with Grundy. Gives the remainder of your team intact

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	3049

"Stating the facts as I see them" That's a statement which is neither true or false. A subjective point of view

Statement of fact is putting down evidence.

Condescending where?

Why you gotta hate

The original idea is still there. Thanos.
    Is a single character really a team idea? You made the primary win condition a secondary win condition. I do think your build is all around better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Is a single character really a team idea? You made the primary win condition a secondary win condition. I do think your build is all around better though.
    Isnt that what Dice Master Teams are based around? One character that supports it with an alternative win condition?

Better is subjective. All comes down to the pilot. That Johnny Swarm team fits my playstyle.

Isnt that what Dice Master Teams are based around? One character that supports it with an alternative win condition?

Better is subjective. All comes down to the pilot. That Johnny Swarm team fits my playstyle.
    Sometimes. Not always though. Johnny Swarm isn't even a single character win con it's 2 or 3 working in tandem.

Edit: Some ninja edits are happening here. I would argue that "better" isn't always subjective and that cost efficiency is objectively measurable - but that's a discussion for another thread.

"Stating the facts as I see them" That's a statement which is neither true or false. A subjective point of view

Statement of fact is putting down evidence.

Condescending where?
    In that very post.

And here:

"Its the same idea with Obelisk. You swing in with him with hope that you land the damage. Thanos is the same but will work because he is unblock able."