Thread: There can be only one!

There can be only one!

Hey guys,

So, I'm pretty new to dicemasters (loving it btw) and I'm also a huge Magic player. One of my favorite formats in Magic is Commander, a 100 card singleton format.

I'm not sure if there is one already but I'd like to propose and similar format.

Dicemasters: Highlander

In this format you build a team to a maximum of 20 dice. The stipulation being you can only use one (1) die on each card. All your characters and actions, not including Basic Actions which will still have three (3) dice, may only have a single die per card.

I know its a few more cards than the playmat hold nicely, but I'm thinking you could build some pretty awesome teams, from degenerate to super fun.

Please let me know if this is a format that you think might be fun!

I look forward to your input!

Happy Rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Hey guys,

So, I'm pretty new to dicemasters (loving it btw) and I'm also a huge Magic player. One of my favorite formats in Magic is Commander, a 100 card singleton format.

I'm not sure if there is one already but I'd like to propose and similar format.

Dicemasters: Highlander

In this format you build a team to a maximum of 20 dice. The stipulation being you can only use one (1) die on each card. All your characters and actions, not including Basic Actions which will still have three (3) dice, may only have a single die per card.

I know its a few more cards than the playmat hold nicely, but I'm thinking you could build some pretty awesome teams, from degenerate to super fun.

Please let me know if this is a format that you think might be fun!

I look forward to your input!

Happy Rolling!
    I would most likely kill my opponent in frustration being only allowed 1 die for each card.
    Although my top level deck usually only uses 1 die each time minus morphing jar.

We did an event like this, and even called it Highlander. The difference was that you could only have 1 card of each value as well. So, one 1-cost, one 2-cost, one 3-cost (and so on). This was before D&D released, so there were lots of Morphing Jars.