Thread: I wish every comic store had TVs for Sundays and other big "game" days

I wish every comic store had TVs for Sundays and other big "game" days

So Sunday at 12:30 is when Dice Masters goes... sound like a familiar time for another sport that just started?

I'd be willing to bring in a laptop or something and stream it even but it's just a total no-fly zone topic.

Still though, we have 8 of our DM players in a fantasy league, and it would be really fun to be able to watch Red Zone during Sunday tourneys. Less people than not that regularly play at the store, are in the Dice Masters Fantasy Football League, actually, lol.

My group just changed to 10:15am Saturday mornings just for this very reason. Misses nfl and most college games that way. I was worried it would be too early but we've only grown our numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    My group just changed to 10:15am Saturday mornings just for this very reason. Misses nfl and most college games that way. I was worried it would be too early but we've only grown our numbers.
    Thanks! That's a really sweet idea. I'm one of the few people that isn't married, has kids, or in some form of a long term relationship, except for the kids who come, who are probably waking up at 7am latest on Sundays anyway, so that could work. I need to run it by everyone else, though.

But that is a dank idea. I'm up by 8:30am at the latest anyway, no matter how late or whatever I was doing the night before, because of my dogs mostly, so I just spend a few bored hours re-watching movies and tweaking my line-ups for my fantasy teams, lol.

Or.......you could not go to the shop and skip it for your so called sport.

This is rough for sure. My Rainbow Draft weekend is running Sunday 11:30MDT to 5, which likely will mean 6. I'll be all over the Red Zone channel on my phone. But to have the game broadcast would be a think of beauty. We usually pay Thursday which obviously messes with that game. It's hard loving games so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    What exactly are you trying to say? The condescension transcended the internet tubes and came out of the screen. My "so called sport?" Why did you even bother responding to this?
    I wasn't being condescending. I was replying to just skip a draft or local for the day to go to your sport. I meant no disrespect.

If you're offended at "so called sport", text doesn't give the tone I was using. It wasn't sarcasm.

Take it easy dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    This is rough for sure. My Rainbow Draft weekend is running Sunday 11:30MDT to 5, which likely will mean 6. I'll be all over the Red Zone channel on my phone. But to have the game broadcast would be a think of beauty. We usually pay Thursday which obviously messes with that game. It's hard loving games so much.
    I can already tell things are going to start getting serious. With people playing each other that week in fantasy, and then matching up for the last round for first place, I don't literally mean this, more jokingly, but things could come to blows. Everyone is cool and friendly, but the sort of tension that fantasy creates (the other 7 are going to chip in for a gravity feed for first place, so it'll be under $10), plus wanting to get first place, is definitely going to have hotter heads than usual.

I think I might have to make a rule that people can't check their fantasy teams unless their matchup that round has already ended, and as soon as the next pairings are announced, you can't check it again; it's the kind of thing that I can see myself needing a rule for, just because it's so easy and tempting to check if you've scored more (well the actual athlete has), but it'll slow down games hardcore. I know for a fact without putting a rule in place I would be one of the worst culprits of this, haha.

I would say straight up no checking fantasy during the event, period, but I'm not a dictator, nor do I want to be, nor is it my place to police people between rounds. I think if everyone could agree to that, it'd be nice, but everyone is in other leagues, too, and people are always talking smack texting each other, so you have to be realistic. My biggest fear is someone who is ONLY there for DM having to play someone who keeps checking their phone every 2 minutes, and leading them to stop coming. It hasn't happened, but once everyone started to think of checking their fantasy teams yesterday, I totally saw a grim future if it wasn't kept in check, hahahahaah.

OMG thank you for reminding me about the Rainbow Draft Weekend. I hadn't forgot, but because the players are REALLY going to be there to play, I'm gonna really have to make it clear that at least this one day, to please not check your phones unless you literally are done playing and have reported the outcome.

As a Browns fan, let me tell you, I might actually prefer more scheduled events on Sunday afternoons.

That said, it has gotten harder and harder for me to watch football as the years pass with how shady and exploitative the NFL and NCAA are with their human assets, so I rarely care if I miss a game any more.

My local events went from Saturday to Sunday. It's easier for some of our attendees

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    As a Browns fan, let me tell you, I might actually prefer more scheduled events on Sunday afternoons.

That said, it has gotten harder and harder for me to watch football as the years pass with how shady and exploitative the NFL and NCAA are with their human assets, so I rarely care if I miss a game any more.
    I'll agree with that 100%. I honestly care more about fantasy than the Redskins right now, and have for awhile.