Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something Grim

Something Grim

I'm not too sure about this team. It will most likely need a revamp but the teams based off Dracolich

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	3093

I was originally going to use Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	3094 but I wasn't too sure and I needed something to help get more damage and smaller form of ramp. Went with Blue Dragon, Blue Eyes and Elf Wizard. I can recycle her/deduct actions and prep an action(s).

Have you tried common Zemo? 3 cost that lets you clean up those action dice rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Have you tried common Zemo? 3 cost that lets you clean up those action dice rolls?
    No but it wouldnt help me too much in causing damage.
    Wouldn't that work against Dracolich? I posted up a question on how his second ability works. It was ruled (in TRP) that I just need to roll an action die once and not re-roll it to cause that 1 damage.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 09-15-2015 at 07:24 PM.

You're right, i was forgetting that his ability only worked in the RnRStep. Parallax then! You can trigger Dracolich's Damage in the RnR Step, then pay generic to reroll in the main!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    You're right, i was forgetting that his ability only worked in the RnRStep. Parallax then! You can trigger Dracolich's Damage in the RnR Step, then pay generic to reroll in the main!
    No clue what Paralax does. I'll find out this saturday/Sunday

Two 7 costs is pretty tough to count on, but if you can get out too, he makes things pretty nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongardner View Post
    Two 7 costs is pretty tough to count on, but if you can get out too, he makes things pretty nuts.
    I have no clue what Paralax does or his cost
    Teams running on little ramp so I don't know how I'll get Beholder out along with Dracolich

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    It was ruled (in TRP) that I just need to roll an action die once and not re-roll it to cause that 1 damage.
    Either I'm misreading what you're saying here, or you misunderstand what said in that other thread.

You can reroll the action die and have Dracolich deal the 1 damage. It's just that he doesn't deal an additional 1 damage for the reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Either I'm misreading what you're saying here, or you misunderstand what said in that other thread.

You can reroll the action die and have Dracolich deal the 1 damage. It's just that he doesn't deal an additional 1 damage for the reroll.
    You can't re-roll it to cause that 1 damage

PK2317 - "Every time an action die is rolled, for any reason, no matter what face comes up, it deals damage.

Anytime an action die is re-rolled, it will not deal damage."

You're thinking of Manticore - Paragon Beast "While active, whenever you roll on a die and do not reroll the result, deal 2 damage to a character or player"

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...-Undead-Dragon

Allow me to clarify that:

The re-roll does not *negate* the damage caused by the initial roll. If you roll it, it will deal damage. Period. A re-roll will not cause additional damage (nor will an ability that allows you to "re-roll" an action die).

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Allow me to clarify that:

The re-roll does not *negate* the damage caused by the initial roll. If you roll it, it will deal damage. Period. A re-roll will not cause additional damage (nor will an ability that allows you to "re-roll" an action die).
    Are you telling me or Scorpion?

I'm again confused on Dracolich. The question was roll once and no re-roll to activate the effect.

You mentioned drawing a Gearing Up die and it would activate?

@VastSpartan - The Dracolich doesn't *penalize* you for re-rolling the action die, it just doesn't give you any additional benefit. Anytime you roll an action die, whether during your Roll/Reroll Step, after playing Gearing Up, or after using the Rare Elf Wizard - you will deal 1 damage.

Anytime you *re-roll* an Action Die (whether it is after the first roll that dealt damage, or due to any card effects that tell you to "re-roll" a die), you will deal 0 damage.

Those two statements are not mutually exclusive, they do not cancel each other out.

If you draw 2 Sidekicks and 2 Action Dice, roll all of them, and then re-roll all of them, you will deal 2 damage. If you roll all of them and re-roll none of them, you will deal 2 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    @VastSpartan - The Dracolich doesn't *penalize* you for re-rolling the action die, it just doesn't give you any additional benefit. Anytime you roll an action die, whether during your Roll/Reroll Step, after playing Gearing Up, or after using the Rare Elf Wizard - you will deal 1 damage.

Anytime you *re-roll* an Action Die (whether it is after the first roll that dealt damage, or due to any card effects that tell you to "re-roll" a die), you will deal 0 damage.

Those two statements are not mutually exclusive, they do not cancel each other out.

If you draw 2 Sidekicks and 2 Action Dice, roll all of them, and then re-roll all of them, you will deal 2 damage. If you roll all of them and re-roll none of them, you will deal 2 damage.
    How about a step by step? Just to fully clear it if I'm getting it right. Use the Millennium Puzzle and Powerbolt actions as an example (I'm using these in the deck). Is that ok?

1: it is the start of your turn, you have a Dracolich Paragon Undead Dragon in the field, and your Prep is empty.

2: you clear any unspent energy to used, and draw 4 dice - 2 sidekicks, a Millenium Puzzle, and a Powerbolt.

3: you enter Roll and Reroll, picking up the four dice you drew, and toss them all into the top of your dice tower.

4: at this point, because you just rolled two action dice, and have the Dracolich in the field, you deal 2 damage to your opponent.

5: you remove your dice tower and look at the results you rolled.

6: seeing that the two sidekicks came up Mask, Mask, and the Milennium Puzzle came up action face, you decide to keep them, and move them to one side.

7: the Powerbolt, however, came up energy, so you pick it up, and toss it back in to the top of your dice tower.

8: at this point you do not deal another 1 damage to your opponent, due to the Dracolich, because you are re-rolling the Powerbolt, not rolling it. You also do not undo the 1 damage you dealt early when you rolled it.

9: you proceed with your turn...

Is that clear now, @VastSpartan ?

1: it is the start of your turn, you have a Dracolich Paragon Undead Dragon in the field, and your Prep is empty.

2: you clear any unspent energy to used, and draw 4 dice - 2 sidekicks, a Millenium Puzzle, and a Powerbolt.

3: you enter Roll and Reroll, picking up the four dice you drew, and toss them all into the top of your dice tower.

4: at this point, because you just rolled two action dice, and have the Dracolich in the field, you deal 2 damage to your opponent.

5: you remove your dice tower and look at the results you rolled.

6: seeing that the two sidekicks came up Mask, Mask, and the Milennium Puzzle came up action face, you decide to keep them, and move them to one side.

7: the Powerbolt, however, came up energy, so you pick it up, and toss it back in to the top of your dice tower.

8: at this point you do not deal another 1 damage to your opponent, due to the Dracolich, because you are re-rolling the Powerbolt, not rolling it. You also do not undo the 1 damage you dealt early when you rolled it.

9: you proceed with your turn...

Is that clear now, @VastSpartan ?
    It was clear enough the first time but people kept question it where I had to look back.

I would do 2 damage if I kept the energy for power bolt correct?
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 09-16-2015 at 05:10 PM.

Whether you choose to re-roll the Powerbolt or not you will have dealt 2 damage to your opponent at the point you rolled the two action dice. Nothing that you subsequently do with either of those two action dice will change that.

Whether you choose to re-roll the Powerbolt or not you will have dealt 2 damage to your opponent at the point you rolled the two action dice. Nothing that you subsequently do with either of those two action dice will change that.
    I'm specifically talking about that rolled energy action die face and if I kept it I would do 1 damage because I did not re-roll it. It's extra damage if it came up an action face.

I'm specifically talking about that rolled energy action die face and if I kept it I would do 1 damage because I did not re-roll it. It's extra damage if it came up an action face.
    It's one damage whether you reroll it or not.

It's one damage whether you reroll it or not.
    I rolled action energy and I kept it as is, I would do 1 damage. If I re-rolled the energy and get an action the effect won't happen

I rolled action energy and I kept it as is, I would do 1 damage. If I re-rolled the energy and get an action the effect won't happen
    Roll, get an action face, do not reroll = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an energy face, do not reroll = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an action face, reroll, get action face = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an action face, reroll, get energy face = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an energy face, reroll, get action face = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an energy face, reroll, get energy face = 1 damage.

It doesn't matter what face you get, or whether you reroll or not, it is 1 damage per action die rolled, for the initial roll of those dice only!

Roll, get an action face, do not reroll = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an energy face, do not reroll = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an action face, reroll, get action face = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an action face, reroll, get energy face = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an energy face, reroll, get action face = 1 damage.
    Roll, get an energy face, reroll, get energy face = 1 damage.

It doesn't matter what face you get, or whether you reroll or not, it is 1 damage per action die rolled, for the initial roll of those dice only!
    The two that I feel that aren't right are rolls 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongardner View Post
    Its triggered by the roll. The result of the roll doesnt matter.
    Exactly. One roll and done. If it's not what you want and you re-roll you lose out on the damage.

I'm looking it at this way

Manticore - Paragon Beast knows what it wants. That double bolt. You roll for that double. If you rolled once and roll again ending with the double, the damage commences.

With Dracolich, it just wants you to roll that action die once and be done.

I can understand if you rolled energy, and re-rolled to get another energy it's the same result. But looking at the text, it says as long as you do not re-roll you will ping your opponent.

That's why I'm still hesitant with what you're telling me