Thread: Confusingly Similar Dice - Sinestro and Ranx

Confusingly Similar Dice - Sinestro and Ranx

Sinestro Die:

Logo: Sinestro Corps
    Ink Color: Red
    Die Color: Yellow (Translucent)

Manx Die:

Logo: Sinestro Corps (in Yellow against a circular black background)
    Ink Color: Black
    Die Color: Yellow (Solid)

These Dice look way too much alike. Especially since the background used on the die faces at the bottom of the Sinestro cards is a better match for the Ranx die (and vice versa.)

At Rainbow drafts people are going to think "Sinestro Corps logo, yellow background" and grab the dice for the wrong character without realizing it.

(I encourage anybody more tech savvy than I am to post pics of the cards and dice in question.)
    Last edited by Son of 'L's; 09-15-2015 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Accidentall initial post - edited to complete message

reminds me of the batman and black canary dice from JL. if you squint they're nearly identical.

Same thing with and from the D&D set. Dreadfully similar die that could easily get confused for the other at first glance.

However, there should never be an issue of someone grabbing the wrong one on accident and keeping it, because you're supposed to account for all of your due dice prior to team construction. If there is an issue where you're missing a die, all players will take a second look at their dice and the error will be found. If you mistakenly take a Sinestro and another draftee accidentally takes a Ranx - balancing the error out, it will likely come out during game play provided either of you use said die.

That doesn't stop an opposing player from temporarily confusing your Sinestro die for a Ranx die or vice versa because they aren't paying attention.

Although, the Ranx die looks more orange to me than yellow. Might just be me.

I went to a local event with a Red-Eyes Black Dragon die on my Tarrasque card. That was slightly embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I went to a local event with a Red-Eyes Black Dragon die on my Tarrasque card. That was slightly embarrassing.

*rolls single-energy*

Wait, when did D&D get serial numbers?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries

That dude who said it was cool, no worries... Remember him when you're rich and famous

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    That dude who said it was cool, no worries... Remember him when you're rich and famous
    Dude, the guy who pointed it out was a huge jerk. If I see him again, I'll fight him.

Dude, the guy who pointed it out was a huge jerk. If I see him again, I'll fight him.
    How was a jerk?

Also, adult nerds fighting over a children's card game?

This is all I see

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slapfight.gif 
Views:	60 
Size:	487.1 KB 
ID:	3112 or Click image for larger version. 

Name:	napoleon-slap-and-run.gif 
Views:	64 
Size:	622.5 KB 
ID:	3113

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    How was a jerk?

Also, adult nerds fighting over a children's card game?
    I was kidding, because it was in fact @Jthomash2 that pointed out I was using the wrong die.

I was kidding, because it was in fact @Jthomash2 that pointed out I was using the wrong die.
    It was poking fun

Actually, while updating the Vassal Module this struck me as well. I am mostly color blind meaning that I can tell blue from red most of the time, but these two dice had me scratching my head.

If it helps Sinestro always higher attack than defense and Ranx always has higher defense than attack.