Thread: Don't hate me...but this happened...

Don't hate me...but this happened...

So...a number of weeks ago, I officially decided to skip the WOL set. Just a personal preference really...I'm far more of a Marvel fan than DC, having collected mainly X-Men comics in my youth. I do respect DC though and enjoy the classic characters, so I did buy into JUL...but that is probably enough for me. At least for now, I may buy into Superman vs Batman...we'll see...

I went to a comic shop on my way home today to pick up the latest issue of "We Stand on Guard" (cool miniseries from Image I just discovered recently. I highly recommend it, especially for any of my fellow Canucks out there). I noticed that the shop already had the WOL Dice Masters stuff out, which I think is a day early from the official release date...but I could be wrong, I haven't been following this one that closely.

I looked it over, hummed and hawed a bit, realized I was still set in my decision to skip the set but...I decided to pick up a few packs anyway. I did the same thing with YGO before...just bought a few packs to check out the card/dice quality for myself and have fun opening some Dice Masters...

I get back in my car and decide to open just one pack before hitting the road...open the pack...and...

BOOM...Super Rare Lantern Battery...*Drops the Mic

So...as I am still planning to skip this set, I will be taking offers for this card. Don't know what kind of value this one is going to fetch on open market, but from the latest TRP Podcast, I think it might be one of the most saught after. Please make me an offer if interested.

Full-art Electro is out there if you need it.

I haven't listened to the podcast at this time, so I have absolutely no idea what this card does. I'm assuming from what I have read, it's something like:

Continuous:Once times per turn, add 1 Hype counter to this card. This card costs $10 more for every Hype counter in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I haven't listened to the podcast at this time, so I have absolutely no idea what this card does. I'm assuming from what I have read, it's something like:

Continuous:Once times per turn, add 1 Hype counter to this card. This card costs $10 more for every Hype counter in play.
    You got it...complete with Obligatory Wizkids gramatical error...!

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    You got it...complete with Obligatory Wizkids gramatical error...!
    I wondered if anyone would catch that :P

Seriously though, what does this card do that's so oh mah lord amazing?

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I wondered if anyone would catch that :P

Seriously though, what does this card do that's so oh mah lord amazing?
    Lantern Battery: Power Source

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Pk to the rescue!
    Yeah, this card is pretty good. I can see where the hype train is coming from. I'd like some time to mess around with it first though before passing judgement on it.