Thread: What BAC to bring to Rainbow Draft Weekend

What BAC to bring to Rainbow Draft Weekend

Hello, I will be traveling this weekend but have found an oppertunity to join a rainbow draft weekend in North Carolina. I understand Wiz Kids suggests to bring all of my BAC to these but lets be honest, that's a lot of cards, for a few uses. I plan to bring Polymorph, Resurection, Gearing Up, Magic Missle, and Mystic Box. Can the rest of you supply me with some ideas of what else to bring? Thank you.

I'd at least consider Hulk Out if you end up with an Overcrush team. Maybe either Gearing Up or Nasty Plot if there isn't a lot of other ramp.

Funny you mention this - we discuss this on tomorrow's episode of TRP!!! I'll give my (somewhat long-winded) philosophy on this topic during the show.

I finally just gave all of my Basic Action Cards their own binder. You never know when the perfect team for Finger of Death or Crush Card Virus will be drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I finally just gave all of my Basic Action Cards their own binder. You never know when the perfect team for Finger of Death or Crush Card Virus will be drafted.
    That is a great idea. I've kept all my cards collected by IP and will continue to do so, but I may make an exception for the BACs.

But how do you organize your BAC binder? Cards w/ Globals vs. Cards without? Dice draw cards vs. Overcrush cards vs. Player damage vs. character damage vs. AOE?

@ Dave
    I will be on the road tomorrow, hopefully I will find some way to listen.

@OddballNarwhal
    I thought to just binder my BAC also. Great minds think alike!

My issue is with the return flight home. I am only bringing a carry on. A binder can just be held in my lap and it will provide storage space for my drafted cards, participation cards and winnings.

To bring things back to topic, I had thought about "Hulk Out", but would prefer the more expensive "Thrown Car". I don't want to give cheap action dice to my opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    But how do you organize your BAC binder? Cards w/ Globals vs. Cards without? Dice draw cards vs. Overcrush cards vs. Player damage vs. character damage vs. AOE?
    I just go straight alphabetical. I have all of my cards color coded by IP (Red = Marvel, Blue = DC, Light Green = D&D, Purple = YuGiOh), so I can sort pretty quickly if we are only doing in-set BACs. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by neillramsey View Post
    @ Dave
    I will be on the road tomorrow, hopefully I will find some way to listen.

@OddballNarwhal
    I thought to just binder my BAC also. Great minds think alike!

My issue is with the return flight home. I am only bringing a carry on. A binder can just be held in my lap and it will provide storage space for my drafted cards, participation cards and winnings.

To bring things back to topic, I had thought about "Hulk Out", but would prefer the more expensive "Thrown Car". I don't want to give cheap action dice to my opponent.
    I think that is a valid thought process. On the other hand, you don't want something that is prohibitively expensive for yourself. Thrown Car is pretty great, but I prefer Horn of the Unicorn for Global sauciness (especially if you have drafted a lot of )

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    I think that is a valid thought process. On the other hand, you don't want something that is prohibitively expensive for yourself. Thrown Car is pretty great, but I prefer Horn of the Unicorn for Global sauciness (especially if you have drafted a lot of )
    Oh Yu-Gi-Oh, how I love you. Not many people play with it either so my opponent my not know how it works. Definatly putting Horn of the Unicorn on the bring list.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I use the Transition Zone app for Android (here)and then follow it based on the release date for my sets. I used to bring EVERYTHING in multiple binders but this was a huge and big hassle. On the days that I know that I am going to draft, I just bring a nice, simple leather binder (this one) and bring all of my basic actions with me. It's nice and lightweight and makes it easy to go through the set. Anything that I am looking to unload and get rid of, I put in the back of the binder to offer trades. Otherwise, I'll just shoot that person a message, keep in touch and trade with them the following week.

Crush Card is always a strong choice to bring to ensure you have some removal and it works very well with Atom in WOL.

I bring my deck box, secondary deck box and my folder for BAC's. Just take them all. As for the folder, I just stuff all the cards into their slots. Doesnt matter how its organized. There arent that many and you should know what the effects do by now IF you have been playing since the second to third set.

For RDW, Im looking at actions I can use that my opponent wont benefit from. Its kinda hard to do with BACs, but you can do things like relentless and stock up on mask characters. Rally is always a good one with no pxg. Your opponent can use it just as much as you can, but Ive noticed not everyone will buy it.
    You also have to pay attention to the opponents BACs. You may have to scoop them up to mess with their strategy or not be screwed by them. Power bolt/magic missile are immediate red flags for me, many newer players like to rely on these. When someone brings both, you have to figure something out fast, which usually includes buying as many as possible.