Thread: Strange Symbol on Lantern Ring and Lantern Battery?

Strange Symbol on Lantern Ring and Lantern Battery?

On Lantern Ring and Lantern Battery, there is a symbol just to the right of the lantern affiliation logo. It is gray and looks like a flying upper cut...fist... Darth Vader's glove? Maybe? I don't know.

At any rate, I don't remember seeing this before. I looked at the PDF rules book at Dicemasters.com and didn't see it.

I *assume* it is a new symbol to clarify that these cards are in fact, action cards. But you know what they say about assuming.

Anyone know for sure?

It means "Emotional Conduit" and is on page 3 of the WoL Rulebook.

So other people don't have to look it up:

EMOTIONAL CONDUITS
    Emotional conduits have the symbol. They’re a special type of action that other cards can refer to and recognize by their symbol.

Well I feel like a complete idiot now.

Thanks for helping me out!

Quick follow up question: Does this mean when a card allows me to interact with one of the lantern symbols, I can include those action cards?

Example:
    Carol Ferris- Star Sapphire: "When fielded, capture a [GREEN LANTERN]. Return it at end of turn."
    Could I then capture my opponent's Lantern Ring- Not Just Jewelry which has the [GREEN LANTERN] symbol?

Also, would an action die in the field with the [GREEN LANTERN] symbol allow The Flash- A Promise of Hope to attack or block (The Flash cannot attack or block unless you have an active [GREEN LANTERN])?

If it just says Green Lantern, or any-color Lantern, then yes.

If it says Lantern character, then no.

Do any cards refer to Emotional Conduits?

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    Do any cards refer to Emotional Conduits?
    At least 2-3 do (rare atrocitus and rare larfleeze I can remember off the top of my head that reference the symbol).

So nothing relevant for draft, bummer.