Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ring + Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Ring + Raven: Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Is this going to supplant Lord of D? One cheaper overall to field.
    Her ability on its own is more useful than Lord of D.
    Discuss.

While Raven is active, your and Teen Titans characters cannot be targeted by your opponents.

While Raven is active your and {Teen Titans} characters cannot be targeted by your opponents.
    It would only help if your entire team is Masks, and it also doesn't protect you (the player) from things like Magic Missile/Power Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    It would only help if your entire team is Masks, and it also doesn't protect you (the player) from things like Magic Missile/Power Bolt.
    Without RoM? Yes. My point is there any situation where you would you ever use Lord of D - Ring instead of Ring + Raven?

Ah, I misread what you were saying.

Yeah, I can totally see this supplanting Lord of D (although "Raven's Ring" doesn't sound as cool as "Lord of D Ring" :P ).

What are her stats (purchase cost, fielding cost, attack and defence)?

(And, she's a Teen Titan, correct? And a Mask?)

She has the same purchase cost of 4, she is a Mask and Teen Titan herself. Her Fielding Cost is 0-1-1 (cheaper than Lord of D's 1-1-1), and her defense is identical at 3-4-5, and her attack is slightly lower (1-2-3 instead of 3-4-5), but you aren't likely to be attacking with her anyways.

Just going to put this out there. Raven is the second best Lord of D replacement in this set.

Truth. Wonder Girl + ring is pretty nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Truth. Wonder Girl + ring is pretty nuts.
    I want my money back, Cyborg is not a TT Character in Dice Masters, and not safe against her..... and would KO himself

Well Wonder Girl vs Wonder Girl.... is .... well i fear, they have to rule something like after an infinite of time redirecting the effect is newtralized...

Both players having only a Wonder Girl or Wonder Girls with a ring in play + global that targets character = never resolves until someone lets their character be effected by the global.

I think they will say she targets the effect, without changing it's target, and not the opponent's character, so there is no loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I think they will say she targets the effect, without changing it's target, and not the opponent's character, so there is no loop.
    I think your correct, and i played it wrong.

And i think to write it different.

She just lays the effect to another target and since she isnt the source for targetting something, the other wonder girl will not trigger.

I came to the same conclusion about the loop, however, when a Cassie is targeted, both players trigger the opportunity to retarget the effect. Because she can steal effects from ANY TT die, not just yours.

Conclusion: inactive player always gets to choose the final target of an effect because they resolve their triggered effects second.

Lets say i Attack with Cyborg, i want to KO a TT on your side.
    Your Wonder Girl , moves her finger from left to right and says "ah ah NO! this one!" and she has to point her finger at my Wonder Girl, because of the cool Ring she is wearing (newest trend).

Now Cyborg -> Wonder Girl(her effect sets a new target for Cyborgs effect->(must point wonder girl) = Wonder Girl on my side is KOd

I just think they worded it again in a not so clever way and wording it another target.

I just think my guess is correct because Cyborg Spelled out the Target and now wonder girl is messing with this and bring it back to me, so that Cyborg is using now his Effect on her, because the targetting was already done.

Like in some Rulings , "you try to do as mach as you can with the ability"

Guess what I just pulled out of my 20 packs I got yesterday? :-)

Hey pk2317 she is good but i think the one that lets you reroll is even better. Because i want that wonder girl triggers to negate some abilities or cause havoc.

My opponent has the ring on cassie, and I have a ring on one of my opponents other characters.
    I used/triggered an ability that targets an opponents character.
    What happens?

According to this rule (response #2), Cassie can't choose a new target, because opponent has to target the other "ringed" character, and it is not "an opponents character" and therefore an illegal target. nothing happens.
    http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...t=5255&p=12544

EDIT: OH WAIT, I don't know how I got the ring on the other character while Cassie is ringed, (or opponent got the ring on cassie second)...

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    EDIT: OH WAIT, I don't know how I got the ring on the other character while Cassie is ringed, (or opponent got the ring on cassie second)...
    LOL

I got to "What happens?", thought "How did they get in that game state in the first place?!", scrolled down to write a reply, and then saw your edit.

Unless I'm mistaken this is an impossible situation.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Storm global?

Does storm work?

Either way, IF the game state could get this way, is my conclusion correct?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I think if I put a ring on one of your other characters and then you played a ring, I could Storm global it to your Cassie. I think you could get to that state. It would take some really interesting decisions but I think it could happen.

But yes, I think your assessment is correct.

It depends on whether Cassie is a redirect.

If she isn't it fizzles.

If she is it does not.

I think.