Thread: Article: War of Light Draft Priority

Supergirl: Last Daughter of Krypton was pretty exploitable in our first draft. The player who had her was ramping to her pretty fast using Dexstar and a few other tricks (Kyle etc).

Once she gets going she clears the way for everyone else on the team it's pretty brutal.

So 8 out of the 9 tier I/I.a cards are direct damage to player?
    *sighs....

(not a knock on your ratings. I'm just on my little soap box here)

at least 2 of them are SR

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Supergirl: Last Daughter of Krypton was pretty exploitable in our first draft. The player who had her was ramping to her pretty fast using Dexstar and a few other tricks (Kyle etc).

Once she gets going she clears the way for everyone else on the team it's pretty brutal.
    Just to be clear, they would attack with Super girl one turn, then the next turn would attack with everything else?

She doesn't make things block her, just block period, right?

Well when she attacks alone , everyone must block her if able. Like a SPiderman WEbslinger.

So on Lvl 2 or 3 against smaller characters yeah she can clean.
    And after that attack if the board is clear in your turn after her.

Lyssa Drak: Keeper of the Book of Parallax

While Lyssa Drak is active, at the start of your Attack Step, name a character. If at least one of those character dice blocks, you may move two dice from your opponent's Used Pile to their bag.

I love this ability. used it last night in draft, but it would be better if I could choose a die, because sidekicks really shut it down. but for balance, she didn't have to attack! so that makes it still fairly good.

Ranx: Sentient City

tier II.a?

used alongside Mera global can hold off a ton of damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Just to be clear, they would attack with Super girl one turn, then the next turn would attack with everything else?

She doesn't make things block her, just block period, right?
    Well we played it as if we can't read and made everyone block her.

Now I can go tell my wife maybe I would have won, maybe I'll not mention this for now...

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Well we played it as if we can't read and made everyone block her.

Now I can go tell my wife maybe I would have won, maybe I'll not mention this for now...
    I had a feeling that was the case. I agree she is good, just not an auto win like webslinger.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    So 8 out of the 9 tier I/I.a cards are direct damage to player?
    *sighs....

(not a knock on your ratings. I'm just on my little soap box here)

at least 2 of them are SR

Keep in mind that a card that isn't going to be direct damage is going to require another card or two to work with it to make it a win condition. That means that those cards are only pickable if you know or suspect that you're going to have a crack at the others.

@Dave I took your advice from this thread and the podcast/thread when drafting tonight.
    Surprise!!!! It Worked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Lyssa Drak: Keeper of the Book of Parallax

While Lyssa Drak is active, at the start of your Attack Step, name a character. If at least one of those character dice blocks, you may move two dice from your opponent's Used Pile to their bag.

I love this ability. used it last night in draft, but it would be better if I could choose a die, because sidekicks really shut it down. but for balance, she didn't have to attack! so that makes it still fairly good.
    I'm not sure about this but since sidekicks count as characters in the field can't you name sidekicks using Lyssa Drak? it doesn't say choose character card like Gem Keeper Loki and you can use globals like target character becomes a villain on sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChubbsy View Post
    I'm not sure about this but since sidekicks count as characters in the field can't you name sidekicks using Lyssa Drak? it doesn't say choose character card like Gem Keeper Loki and you can use globals like target character becomes a villain on sidekicks.
    As long as you can name it, yes. The name is the first line on the character card

New combo in draft tonight. Uc Warth with Teen Titans...

Use big entrance to buy him turn 2. Once you get him fielded you are super ramped. I mean he does cost one to field but you are basically rolling 6 dice each turn eventually the dice gods will give you the perfect roll.

Took second last night in a WoL draft. Had all commons except the uncommon Fatality (which actually wheeled the table before it got to me) and a few TT and GL cards all 3 or lower purchase cost. Dave's right - she's a beast with enough bolt support (I had Starfire and Jade for fuel), or if your opponent brings a Parallax global. Between her and The Flash: Barry Allen of Earth combined with Crush Card Virus and the common Lantern Ring, very nice way to manipulate the opposing field to swing in big a few times.

So I had the first of 3 RDW events last night, pulled a SR Starfire and an UC Fatality in the first stack. Need the SR, passed Fatality. Guess who one the full art Joker? That's right @Dave , the guy I passed Fatality to won after I pulled the SR for myself. Sigh... Well, at least I still got the Batmobile cards/die and the full art Aquaman in addition to a needed SR.