Thread: A polite request.

A polite request.

I am sure not everyone is aware of this, but it is the case that War Of Light has not yet released in several, if not most, countries other than the US.

I would therefore like to politely request that when discussing, or asking questions about, cards from the new set, particularly if that discussion, or those questions, pertain to a card's text or stats, that posters include any and all such relevant information in their posts, so that the rest of us can more easily follow along with the discussions about cards that we are not yet fortunate enough to have available to ourselves.

Thanks.

I should also have added:

I am aware that Dice Anon, DMDB, and DM.RetroBox all have all the card texts up. However, when reading the forums on a mobile device, as I do almost exclusively, it is not at all easy or convenient to keep switching between web pages to check card texts. Particularly as none of those sites are well suited to viewing from a mobile.

Thanks again.

Agreed, it's just easier to have it in one place. It's quite easy to copy/paste from our wiki, Retrobox, DMDB, etcetera. It keeps the discussion in the thread and helps people see references more easily. It also makes people more inclined to contribute.

This is true even when a set has been out for a while. It's just good etiquette.

TRP SEAL OF APPROVAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I should also have added:

I am aware that Dice Anon, DMDB, and DM.RetroBox all have all the card texts up. However, when reading the forums on a mobile device, as I do almost exclusively, it is not at all easy or convenient to keep switching between web pages to check card texts. Particularly as none of those sites are well suited to viewing from a mobile.

Thanks again.
    Begin gushing.

I find DM.retrobox.eu to be quite mobile friendly on my Nexus 5.

Nutki even added a functionality that hudes game text in portrait and shows it in landscape.

End gushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I find DM.retrobox.eu to be quite mobile friendly on my Nexus 5.

Nutki even added a functionality that hudes game text in portrait and shows it in landscape.
    Doesn't work in Chrome on iOS.

For people wanting to hotlink images of cards, DiceAnon has (I believe) the full set of images uploaded on their set review.

Is it more helpful to have the image of the card in question, or the text of the ability? I've done both before.

It depends. :P

Usually just ability text is sufficient.

But sometimes it is useful to know cost and stats if for example one is comparing the card to other cards with similar abilities.

So, I guess card image, if it's readable, is ideal because it covers both bases.

But just ability text is often easier and all that is needed.