Thread: Happy Day

Happy Day

Bought a pack of AOU and a pack of DCU today during my trip to Wal-Mart. Gladiator SR! (No chase)
    Boo Yah! Kind nice actually. Just wanted to share.

The best of the Zombies IMO.

A lot of folks will give him overcrush, but I like to pair him with the following card. If you can get enough mask characters out there...you only really should need to swing with him once per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    The best of the Zombies IMO.

A lot of folks will give him overcrush, but I like to pair him with the following card. If you can get enough mask characters out there...you only really should need to swing with him once per game.

I don't know if I'm starting to think like you or you're thinking like me, but great minds, eh? That's instantly where my mind went with that. Gambit, beast, Psylocke, Ceribro... Similar thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    I don't know if I'm starting to think like you or you're thinking like me, but great minds, eh? That's instantly where my mind went with that. Gambit, beast, Psylocke, Ceribro... Similar thoughts?
    Precisely...except Cerebro, that wouldn't count for the Gladiator bonus since he says "Mask Character".

The last time I played him I threw in AOU Black Widow, D&D Halfling Thief, Skeleton and Vampire, AVX Beast and Storm. I had all 6 out quick since they are so cheap along with Dimension Door and Gladiator at level 3...swinging for 19 unblockable...was awesome!

Precisely...except Cerebro, that wouldn't count for the Gladiator bonus since he says "Mask Character".

The last time I played him I threw in AOU Black Widow, D&D Halfling Thief, Skeleton and Vampire, AVX Beast and Storm. I had all 6 out quick since they are so cheap along with Dimension Door and Gladiator at level 3...swinging for 19 unblockable...was awesome!
    Widow, thief and beast for sure. Storm is awesome, but Gambit is really good at helping get people out faster. Which Skele and Vampire were you thinking?

I was just trying to find cheap masks...

The 2 cost Skeleton...he is vanilla, but decent stats and a cheap mask.

The 3 cost Vampire is good too...cheap mask and a decent ability too with some life gain and spinning effects going on there.

I was just trying to find cheap masks...

The 2 cost Skeleton...he is vanilla, but decent stats and a cheap mask.

The 3 cost Vampire is good too...cheap mask and a decent ability too with some life gain and spinning effects going on there.
    I can get behind that.
    Cheapy Kitty Pride 2 cost has slightly better stats. I like the Vampire idea.

Of course, Skeleton and Vampires make more sense for working with Zombies. LOL

I'm sure you guys are all over this, but is perfect for Gladiator.

Hmmm...I'm thinking this thread should.move to Strategy now...Gladiator Love!

Yeah...you are right...Kitty is distinctly better than Skeleton. Cheaper TFC as well. Can't remember why I overlooked her. I think I was just looking to get more D&D characters out there.

Heck...if you want super economy...use them both and drop one of the 3 cost. I did find the vampire nice though as she provided a bit of control/life gain while I ramped up my mask weenies. You could get some ramp out of Beast too potentially.

I'M not a YGO guy...so the Jar didn't come to mind, but for sure that would work well too.

Keep in mind that Gladiator counts active characters, not dice...so ya gotta make sure you buy one of each early on to make it work.

We did kind of drift there didn't we? Can we drag the conversation over there, or just start a thread over that way and reference it here?