Thread: Guy Gardner "counts" as a Green Lantern

Guy Gardner "counts" as a Green Lantern

"Guy Gardner also counts as [Green Lantern Corps]. Guy Gardner gets +5A and +5D when engaged with a [Black Lantern Corps] character die."
    I'm trying to think of the situations and interactions that are going to be affected with this very specific wording. He counts as a green lantern, but I'm assuming that he isn't one.
    So for Teamwork:
    "Each of your fielded characters gains +1A and +1D for each other of your fielded characters that shares a team affiliation with it."
    Does he count, and give other GLs a bonus, but gets no bonus himself? It just seems like there has to be a specific purpose for them not simply putting the GL affiliation on him.

I think the idea is that he is only a Green Lantern while in the field.

So if there are any cards that reduce the purchase cost of Green Lanterns, for example, then he wouldn't count for those.

Or perhaps something that targets Green Lanterns in Prep, Reserve, or Used - again, he would not count for those.

But this does need clarification from WizKids.

Im interpretting it like scorpion above. Other cards he helps are all the blue lanterns that require a fielded GL

or fatality I guess:
    "When fielded, deal 1 damage to target character for each different color [lantern] in play."
    he'd be two colors at that point I guess

He can lose his Green Lantern affiliation to Loki or Pris Spray, he can't lose his Red Lantern affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    He can lose his Green Lantern affiliation to Loki or Pris Spray, he can't lose his Red Lantern affiliation.
    Mind blown!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Bird View Post
    So, if I have an active Heated die, do all Guy dice have the affiliation?
    It is self-referential, so only Guy Gardner dice you control would have the affiliation.