Thread: Hulk JD & GG vs Dragons Breath

Hulk JD & GG vs Dragons Breath

Hey there, fast small question.

I have a Hulk Jade Giant or Green Goliath.

My Enemy attacks with 2 Different Dragons from D&D set, lets say Copper and Red Dragon. And he pays there Breath Costs and attacks.

So how often and when triggers Hulk because of the Breathweapons?

I know that he will only trigger once per Source, so he doesnt trigger twice because, Hulk and Me take 2 Damage at the same time from Red Dragon.

And also when Timing of effects is needed the active player resolves first and in which order also.

So would my Hulk trigger
    a) 2 Times = 1. because of Red Dragon Breath and 2. because of Copper Dragon and also they are 2 different sources?
    b) 1 Time =brcause the breath weapons happens in one instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Hey there, fast small question.

I have a Hulk Jade Giant or Green Goliath.

My Enemy attacks with 2 Different Dragons from D&D set, lets say Copper and Red Dragon. And he pays there Breath Costs and attacks.

So how often and when triggers Hulk because of the Breathweapons?

I know that he will only trigger once per Source, so he doesnt trigger twice because, Hulk and Me take 2 Damage at the same time from Red Dragon.

And also when Timing of effects is needed the active player resolves first and in which order also.

So would my Hulk trigger
    a) 2 Times = 1. because of Red Dragon Breath and 2. because of Copper Dragon and also they are 2 different sources?
    b) 1 Time =brcause the breath weapons happens in one instance?
    I would assume once. Remember that everything happens simultaneous in the attack step.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I would assume once. Remember that everything happens simultaneous in the attack step.
    Breath weapon happens when the dragon is assigned to attack, not when resolving combat damage. Because of this, the hulk would trigger twice, once for each breath weapon.

My interpretation of the detailed steps would be:
    1. Red Dragon assigned to attack
    2. Pay X for Red Dragon breath weapon which does appropriate damage to opponent and his/her characters on the field
    3. Hulk triggers
    4. Copper Dragon assigned to attack
    5. Pay X for Copper dragon breath weapon....
    6. etc.

I also think it would be possible to knock out the Copper Dragon with Jade Giant before it has a chance to be assigned to attack (in step 3 above).

I would like to hear more opinions, but consider that when the Breath Weapon is paid, it resolves (i think so) so i can KO Copper but i cannot negate the Damage from him.

EDIT: FOund it in the FAQ:

Suppose the following situation: Player A has a Force Beam Basic Action Die in their Reserve Pool on its double burst Action Face. Player B has a Hulk die in their Field Zone on its Level 3 face. Player A activates their Force Beam, which deals 1 damage to each player and 2 damage to each character. Player A and Player B will both be dealt 1 damage and all characters in both players’ Field Zones will be dealt 2 damage. As Player B will take damage and Player B’s Hulk will take damage, Hulk’s card effect of “While Hulk is active, when either you or Hulk takes damage, knock out one of your opponent’s level 1 characters” will trigger and Hulk will be able to knock out one of Player A’s level 1 characters (that were still in Field after being dealt 2 damage from the Force Beam). Hulk’s effect will only trigger once regardless of how many times the requirement for his effect is met. If any other source would then deal damage to Hulk’s controller or Hulk (like a second Force Beam were to be played), Hulk’s ability would trigger again.
    Last edited by Ressless; 09-19-2015 at 09:22 PM.

I would like to hear more opinions, but consider that when the Breath Weapon is paid, it resolves (i think so) so i can KO Copper but i cannot negate the Damage from him.
    I was referring to the scenario as described above where the Red Dragon was assigned to attack first. You can knock out the Copper Dragon which would prevent it from being assigned to attack and, hence, use it's breath weapon. If you had knocked out the Red Dragon then, yes, the breath weapon damage would still have gone through.

Yeah your right i forgot about it. Man if would knowing this one day earlier i would have won today far easier.

Thanks!

@Vastsparten:
    Breath Weapon X: When this character’s dice are assigned to attack, you may pay X
    energy to deal X damage to your opponent and to each opposing character. Thus Breath
    Weapon 2 means “When this character’s dice are assigned to attack, you may pay 2
    energy to deal 2 damage to your opponent and to each opposing character.” You may
    only use this ability once per turn, no matter how many of that character’s dice attack.
    However, if multiple characters with the Breath Weapon ability attack, you may use
    Breath Weapon once for each such character

Yeah your right i forgot about it. Man if would knowing this one day earlier i would have won today far easier.

Thanks!

@Vastspartan:
    Huh? What I do?