Thread: Ice Burn.

Ice Burn.

So this team doesn't have all the colon codes ready for it so I'm just going to use text.

Ice Man - Too Cool For Words
    PXG
    BEWD
    Hulk - Green Goliath
    Fatality - Bounty Hunter
    Bleez - Controlled Rage
    Solomon Grundy
    Lantern Ring - Limited Only By Imagination

Magic Missile
    Distraction

Choosing Bleez over Breaker because it interacts better with Ice Man + Lantern Ring. The team is essentially an aggro team that isn't bothered by damage reduction because it has damage coming from so many different places. It also has removal for just about everything. The infinite combo team (see Gabe's second place at midwest open) might be an issue, but you can't answer every build, right? It can run distraction because in most matches it doesn't need to successfully get an attacker through and it helps a little against Wolverine. PXG + Ice Man to make sure you have enough bolts to proc Fatality.

The team can not get a turn 3 kill even if you swap one of the basic actions for Invulnerability, sadly, it can deal 16 damage tops on turn 3 [buy Fatality + PXG, t2 buy Ring + PXG twice, t3 roll Fatality, Ring, + 6 sidekicks, l2/3 Fatality + Ring + 6 bolts spending 1 to field is 3 from Fatality, 5 from ring, 3 from stats+5 from Invulnerability] so it's not exactly a combo team. Though I did consider Invulnerability I think the stability of Distraction vs combat dudes is more important than the potential explosiveness since at its most explosive it still can't turn 3 kill, and with the infinite combo being a turn 4 kill we only need to be just as fast as that combo and we're just as fast as the combo without Invulnerability, and for the combo to use Distraction against us they have to give up ramping which also slows them down.

Another consideration was Wasp, but I'd need to do more testing to decide if I like her more than the other control options we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    So this team doesn't have all the colon codes ready for it so I'm just going to use text.

Ice Man - Too Cool For Words
    PXG
    BEWD
    Hulk - Green Goliath
    Fatality - Bounty Hunter
    Bleez - Controlled Rage
    Solomon Grundy
    Lantern Ring - Limited Only By Imagination

Magic Missile
    Distraction

Choosing Bleez over Breaker because it interacts better with Ice Man + Lantern Ring. The team is essentially an aggro team that isn't bothered by damage reduction because it has damage coming from so many different places. It also has removal for just about everything. The infinite combo team (see Gabe's second place at midwest open) might be an issue, but you can't answer every build, right? It can run distraction because in most matches it doesn't need to successfully get an attacker through and it helps a little against Wolverine. PXG + Ice Man to make sure you have enough bolts to proc Fatality.

The team can not get a turn 3 kill even if you swap one of the basic actions for Invulnerability, sadly, it can deal 16 damage tops on turn 3 [buy Fatality + PXG, t2 buy Ring + PXG twice, t3 roll Fatality, Ring, + 6 sidekicks, l2/3 Fatality + Ring + 6 bolts spending 1 to field is 3 from Fatality, 5 from ring, 3 from stats+5 from Invulnerability] so it's not exactly a combo team. Though I did consider Invulnerability I think the stability of Distraction vs combat dudes is more important than the potential explosiveness since at its most explosive it still can't turn 3 kill, and with the infinite combo being a turn 4 kill we only need to be just as fast as that combo and we're just as fast as the combo without Invulnerability, and for the combo to use Distraction against us they have to give up ramping which also slows them down.

Another consideration was Wasp, but I'd need to do more testing to decide if I like her more than the other control options we already have.
    You could always throw the rare nova in there (provided lantern ring works the way we think it does)

TCFW global, attack with nova for ring damage, then missile nova with all of the bolts leftover.

I've considered Nova because the effect is really powerful. I need to test putting him in various places, I'm afraid of cutting Grundy because of Jinzo but that is the most likely cut right now. With Jinzo out Nova becomes a 1/1 for return on life which is technically winning if we're ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    I've considered Nova because the effect is really powerful. I need to test putting him in various places, I'm afraid of cutting Grundy because of Jinzo but that is the most likely cut right now. With Jinzo out Nova becomes a 1/1 for return on life which is technically winning if we're ahead.
    If you put the lantern ring out, you should be guaranteed to be ahead, even if just barely, in terms of life totals.

I've decided to ignore the rare lantern ring until we get an actual ruling. Having said that, I always like seeing combos people come up with, well done!