Thread: Questions that came up during our draft yesterday

Questions that came up during our draft yesterday

1. Beast Boy – Animal Magnetism

When Beast Boy attacks or blocks, roll all Sidekick dice in your Used Pile. For each [Wild] or [Fist] rolled, Beast Boy gets +1A and +1D. (Those dice stay in the Used Pile.)

Would you roll sidekicks that were in transition or not? For example, any sidekick dice you used to buy something the same turn you were attacking with Beast Boy.

2. Jade – Daughter of the Golden Age

While Jade is active, whenever a [Green Lantern Corps] character attacks, draw a die and add it to your Prep Area. (One for each character, not each die.)

Does this apply to your opponents GL characters as well? Someone mentioned some card or ruling about “your” being implied when we talked about the Batman and Robin cards, but I don’t recall exactly what it was.

3. Lex Luthor – Egomaniac

When fielded, draw a die for each of your active [Villains] characters. Roll one and put the others in your bag or Used Pile.

If the only die you field is Luthor, do you get to draw one for him since he is a villain? Basically, does he count himself?

4. Starfire – Koriand’r and Princess of Tamaran

Koriand’r - When Starfire attacks, deal 1 damage to the defending player for each other active [Teen Titans].
    Princess of Tamaran - When fielded, deal 1 damage to target opponent for each of your active [Teen Titans].

Is there any reason one card says defending player and another says target opponent? Does opponent apply to characters and players? Or is this just inconsistent wording?

1. No. They are Out Of Play.

2. Yes. The 'implied your' applies only to abilities that name specific characters.

3. Yes. The ability triggers once he is in the field.

4. They seem to be wording cards more and more to take multi-player games in to consideration. So, the one that triggers when attacking says 'defending player' whereas the when fielded one says 'target opponent'.
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 09-20-2015 at 05:28 PM.

I completely agree with @Scorpion0x17 's answers above. I'll add that I like that they're taking multiplayer into account, though with a shared life pool in the official doubles variant it doesn't seem to matter. Perhaps we'll see some other multiplayer formats in the future beyond the existing doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    1. No. They are Out Of Play.

2. Yes. The 'implied your' applies only to abilities that name specific characters.

3. Yes. The ability triggers once he is in the field.

4. They seem to be worth cards more and more to take multi-player games in to consideration. So, the one that triggers when attacking says 'defending player' whereas the when fielded one says 'target opponent'.
    Regarding number 2, do you know of the specific ruling that went over that?

And I hadn't even considered the multiplayer aspect in regards to 4. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joepancreas View Post
    Regarding number 2, do you know of the specific ruling that went over that?

And I hadn't even considered the multiplayer aspect in regards to 4. Thanks for the help.
    The Rulebook states that cards that refer to specific characters only count your characters (i.e. your Robin that gets a bonus if Batman is in play only counts your Batman). However cards that refer to affiliations/energy types look at everything in the field (unless the card specifies "yours" or "your opponent's").

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Perhaps we'll see some other multiplayer formats in the future beyond the existing doubles.
    Apparently TMNT will come with 4-player rules. I am hoping these will be something other than Doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Apparently TMNT will come with 4-player rules. I am hoping these will be something other than Doubles.
    Do we have reliable word on this already? It would be really cool if they did an official quarriors inspired variant. The TMNT set looks pretty similar to the quarriors sets, so maybe it will be.

sorry I went off topic

Yes. WizKids themselves. It was in a presentation they gave at some trade con, or something.