Thread: Fighting: BAC

You could do that.

It wouldn't benefit you greatly, though, as blockers would have already been declared.

Quote Originally Posted by Joepancreas View Post
    You could still use it to clear blockers through character who KO when they attack though, right? Their effect and the BAC effect would take place before blockers were declared wouldn't they?
    No, global's take place after blockers are declared. Scorpion is right. It wouldn't be of a huge benefit unless I paired it up with something like Hulk Out. Then the "blocker" is considered to have 0 defense and I'd do my full damage (from that character) to the player.

That's a LOT of setup though. I'd have to draw and roll two BAC's.

Or I could just roll with a character that naturally has Overcrush.

Anti-Monitor - Enemy of the Multiverse: When Anti-Monitor attacks, KO all Sidekicks, including yours.

If you used this with the Fighting BAC, wouldn't they have to KO their characters at that moment, before they could assign them to block? Sorry if I am misunderstanding the timing.

From the rule book: After you declare all attackers, apply any effects that happen due to
    characters attacking.

This happens before blockers are declared.

EDIT: Added info from rulebook.

On my previous post, my brain went off into la-la-land. I thought we were talking about a global. Sad, it's my thread and I forgot what we were talking about.

You are correct. Effects that trigger "when declared as an attacker" resolve before blockers are declared.

Not sure of the timing of Fighting in this case. I guess it would be immediate whenever something is KO'd. It is happening during the Attack Step which is the only declared timing condition.

- Playing Fighting: BAC
    - Declare Anti-Monitor as an attacker
    - Knock out one or more of your sidekicks
    - Fighting: BAC procs
    - Opponent chooses a die of their own to KO
    - Opponent declares blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Camalott View Post
    On my previous post, my brain went off into la-la-land. I thought we were talking about a global. Sad, it's my thread and I forgot what we were talking about.

You are correct. Effects that trigger "when declared as an attacker" resolve before blockers are declared.

Not sure of the timing of Fighting in this case. I guess it would be immediate whenever something is KO'd. It is happening during the Attack Step which is the only declared timing condition.

- Playing Fighting: BAC
    - Declare Anti-Monitor as an attacker
    - Knock out one or more of your sidekicks
    - Fighting: BAC procs
    - Opponent chooses a die of their own to KO
    - Opponent declares blockers.
    In the right circumstance it could be effective. They lose all their sidekicks too, so the only thing they would be able to KO would be regular characters. And you could have the Anti-Monitor and SKs sit until you pulled the BAC.