Thread: Munk and Indigo-1

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Something sticks in my mind that named characters refer to yours only. Broader descriptions (like affiliations, undead, etc) may refer to both sides. I do not think your Munk benefits from the opponent's Indigo-1 and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Something sticks in my mind that named characters refer to yours only. Broader descriptions (like affiliations, undead, etc) may refer to both sides. I do not think your Munk benefits from the opponent's Indigo-1 and vice versa.
    This came up when I asked a similar question about some questions that happened during a recent draft. And someone provided this:

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    The Rulebook states that cards that refer to specific characters only count your characters (i.e. your Robin that gets a bonus if Batman is in play only counts your Batman). However cards that refer to affiliations/energy types look at everything in the field (unless the card specifies "yours" or "your opponent's").

War of Light rulebook page 20

Card text that names a character only considers your characters for its effects. Your card’s text doesn’t trigger because your opponent has the same character, nor do your dice get a bonus from your opponent’s cards of the same name.

So, Zombie Magneto doesn't stop your opponent from fielding Professor Xavier?

Edit: and Zombie Red Skull only keeps your own Captain America from attacking?

Remember, cards' text beats rules when they are explicit, just as the zombies and black lanterns are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-21-23-30-58.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	3203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-21-23-30-52.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	3204

These cards don't explicitly say "opposing" Captain America and Professor Xavier.

According to the rules, it appears you are correct. Fortunately for you, there is only one named card in DnD :P