Thread: The Prep Area Podcast Art Process

The Prep Area Podcast Art Process

Hey all,

I'm Nick and I'm the artist who is currently drawing the artwork for the Prep Area Podcast and I thought it might be of interest to post a little bit about my process and let you all see the art in a progressive state which is something I always enjoy. This is also a great way for me to answer any questions or field any complaints.

A bit about how I do things:

This is a three step process that is similar to how a comic book is assembled only I have to do all three parts. It goes penciling, inking, and digital coloring. I will be the first to say that my passion and strength lies in the penciling but I enjoy every part of the process.

Typically RJ and Shadowmeld will come up with the basic theme of the picture that they need and I get to work. Usually that begins with looking up reference pictures even if it's characters I'm really familiar with. There's always little details that I forget about and the reference helps recover those. Then I pencil away! After that's finished, I pull out a light box and start tracing/inking the pencil page underneath. Once that's all done, I upload it into my digial color studio and drop in some color!

Hope this is enjoyable and maybe even informative. Feel free to ask any questions! And if people like this enough, I can upload more from previous episodes in a similar manner.

Thanks and enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombies InkColor1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	5.52 MB 
ID:	3211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombies Ink.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	3212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombies.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	3213  

Not being in any way artistically talented myself, I like seeing this!

Nick, I greatly appreciate the enhancement you bring to our TPA podcast. Thank you!