Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter Dice Masters likely to happen.

Street Fighter Dice Masters likely to happen.

http://www.rolldicetakenames.com/201...pisode-76.html

On the latest episode of Rolling Dice and Taking Names, Episode 76, they interview Eric Lang about his new game The Others. In the Rank Em section of the podcast @ about 1 hr and 31 minutes they talk about Street Fighter and one of the hosts, Tony, mentions that he would love Street Fighter. Eric's response "Ohhh I could cut you Tony. I can neither confirm nor deny that."

It's happening. SWEET

then i would Guess Marvel VS. Capcom 3 would be even cooler, because of Capcom franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    then i would Guess Marvel VS. Capcom 3 would be even cooler, because of Capcom franchise
    WizKids doesn't have the entire Capcom license though, just Street Fighter. It would be amazing though.

A Set similar to TMNT for Street Fighter would be cool. Limited Characters, one shot.

"I can neither confirm nor deny" doesn't sound like "it's happening" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    "I can neither confirm nor deny" doesn't sound like "it's happening" to me.
    You should learn the historical context. Research the "Glomar response"
    If you listen to the end of the interview, it is referenced again and Eric Lang states that "they" referring to WizKids, are going to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Mega Man please.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage67 View Post
    Car Smash or Barrel crush basic actions?
    Nah...I'm thinking Hadouken or Sonic Boom

BTW...check it out...hilarious...

It's not a confirmation man. They might have the thought but its not a for sure thing. I would cry tears of joy if it were to happen but I rather see a green light instead of getting my hopes up.

Even though it's not a confirmation. It is a peek of what might be with this game. Eric Lang also made that "cannot confirm or deny" answer in an interview with Steve Tassie from Snakes and Lattes in an interview. So it generates excitement on one hand but it might also put some others off but look at you gi oh. There are cards in that set that are part of local and bigger metas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankholdup View Post
    You should learn the historical context. Research the "Glomar response"
    If you listen to the end of the interview, it is referenced again and Eric Lang states that "they" referring to WizKids, are going to kill him.
    It means nothing. Glomar is used in situations both where the answer to the question is "yes" and "no". If it were only used where the answer were "yes" then it would be pointless.

You interpret it as a yes because you want it to be a yes.

Doesn't mean it's a no, either, of course.

And that is the whole point of the response - it is an answer that reveals 0 information.

I'd love to see a Super Smash Bros set, c'mon Nintendo License out that IP just once.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    It means nothing. Glomar is used in situations both where the answer to the question is "yes" and "no". If it were only used where the answer were "yes" then it would be pointless.

You interpret it as a yes because you want it to be a yes.

Doesn't mean it's a no, either, of course.

And that is the whole point of the response - it is an answer that reveals 0 information.
    The Glomar response is used when answering the question would have unintended or detrimental consequences and/or legal ones. In historical context the CIA could not answer honestly because the unintended consequence would be that the USSR would know that the U.S. had failed in retrieved the nuclear weapons and launch codes from the sub. They also couldn't lie as it would be problematic.

In this situation, Eric Lang can't confirm it because he would be in trouble with WizKids for announcing SFDM before they announce it. He also doesn't want to lie since he would look dishonest when the game is announced, thus the non-denial denial.

I'm not seeing a "yes" because I want it to be yes. I'm reading the tea leaves and making a judgement, hence the qualifier, "likely."

Quote Originally Posted by Bankholdup View Post
    The Glomar response is used when answering the question would have unintended or detrimental consequences and/or legal ones. In historical context the CIA could not answer honestly because the unintended consequence would be that the USSR would know that the U.S. had failed in retrieved the nuclear weapons and launch codes from the sub. They also couldn't lie as it would be problematic.

In this situation, Eric Lang can't confirm it because he would be in trouble with WizKids for announcing SFDM before they announce it. He also doesn't want to lie since he would look dishonest when the game is announced, thus the non-denial denial.

I'm not seeing a "yes" because I want it to be yes. I'm reading the tea leaves and making a judgement, hence the qualifier, "likely."
    It's a neither. Let's just keep at that before putting up people's hope

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    I'd love to see a Super Smash Bros set, c'mon Nintendo License out that IP just once.
    Never happening, Nintendo knows that the players and other people can make better games than them at this point. Project M is better than brawl and smash 4 combined. It's a pride thing.

I would love to see Street Fighter dice masters! Dalsihm and M. Bison! Mega Man as well and then why not throw in Resident Evil. Any other Capcom possibilities? The basis for sets are comics, right?

I'm more interested in Street Fighter becoming the gateway to other Capcom properties...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Morrigan Dicemaasters.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	831.9 KB 
ID:	3260

Well that depends if they would get the same license as Marvel VS Capcom. But i see one problem and that is, this licenses are for the characters only. So i would prefer Street fighter only with Capcom flag and later other games like Mega Man or Resident Evil. Otherwise we would get only the best of the best and not the full content of that.