Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Little Cup Team - Stealthy Sidekicks

Little Cup Team - Stealthy Sidekicks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Larfleeze.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	3222

Turn 1 - hope for 1 SK + 3 energy - purchase Big Entrance. If Resurrection/Villainous Pact available, that + BE.

Turn 2 - Use Big Entrance - depending on energy, get as many Beasts/Pepper/Black Mantas as possible.

After - Wall up with Beasts, plus Pepper(s) for defense. Ramp with Beast blocking + low-cost characters to get to Larfleeze ASAP. Field Sidekicks whenever able.

Once Larfleeze is out, strategy is to use Stealth Ops on SK, give him Larfleeze's A/D, and send him unblocked for damage to the face. Human Paladin keeps from being Distracted (plus Global protects against DD), Angel helps gets SKs out, Batman helps keep our Stealth Ops available. Black Manta helps wall up, and can do some light burn damage if he doesn't get KO'd. If opponent brings PXG, Beast will provide masks to help.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Why not use Marshmallon for your cheap shield
    Because Kuriboh has the exact same stat line and has an ability.

Thanks for the Kuriboh tip, I usually overlook YGO. I thought about Constantine, not sure why I didn't end up using him. Either are probably better than Lex.

i say Constantine hellblazer if you have it. he is a great cheap shield.

those are cheap, aggressive, and popular actions. good chance your opponents will buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    You're drinking from the big boy cups.

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    Little Cup. Starters and commons. That's wayyy above a common

As mentioned, Hellblazer is a SR, this is a Little Cup team. Will probably sub in Antihero, though.

I really only need one Big Entrance, so I don't care if the opponent buys the other two. As long as I can get at least 1-2 of the Stealth Ops I should be fine.

Yeah for other constructed, I'd at least add in the Rare Baron Zemo so I can get my Stealth Ops every turn. But since the lynchpin of the team is Larfleeze and his common, I figured I'd just go all-out Little Cup :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Yeah for other constructed, I'd at least add in the Rare Baron Zemo so I can get my Stealth Ops every turn. But since the lynchpin of the team is Larfleeze and his common, I figured I'd just go all-out Little Cup :-)
    Either Marshmallon or Zombie from the DND set. Good fielding costs and defense stats. Regeneration comes in handy. Kuribo is also good. Good fielding cost and gets rid of SK's

So:

Constantine for the ability (that I may or may not ever use), or Zombie for the Regeneration and lower fielding costs? Kuriboh I don't necessarily want to use his ability to help my opponent ramp, since I'm not planning on attacking except for with unblockable characters, I don't care how big of a wall he has.

So:

Constantine for the ability (that I may or may not ever use), or Zombie for the Regeneration and lower fielding costs? Kuriboh I don't necessarily want to use his ability to help my opponent ramp, since I'm not planning on attacking except for with unblockable characters, I don't care how big of a wall he has.
    I rather take the zombie.

So:

If Constantine is an ability that you "may or may not use", then Zombie ability is one that you "may or may not get". And last time I checked, this is a game where YOU WANT you're characters knocked out; for ramp.

Speaking of ramp, Isn't the 2 character just for ramp? So if you do happen to get it on character face, Constantine is more useful. Again, I'd put money on your opponents buying those actions. Even if then buying your actions is strictly a defensive move. (your team relies heavily on them)

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    If Constantine is an ability that you "may or may not use", then Zombie ability is one that you "may or may not get". And last time I checked, this is a game where YOU WANT you're characters knocked out; for ramp.

Speaking of ramp, Isn't the 2 character just for ramp? So if you do happen to get it on character face, Constantine is more useful. Again, I'd put money on your opponents buying those actions. Even if then buying your actions is strictly a defensive move. (your team relies heavily on them)
    Go with what you want. For me it be the zombie. You chose Constantine.

yeah. I'd say skip them both and go with this:

for when you don't have HP...

yeah. I'd say skip them both and go with this:

for when you don't have HP...
    I'd like to have a cheap (2-cost) Shield I can use to help wall up while getting Larfleeze and cycling my Stealth Ops through. Once I have that, the only thing that can stop my Sidekicks is Distraction or Transfer Power. Both of those are mitigated by Human Paladin being on the board.

the only thing that can stop my Sidekicks is Distraction or Transfer Power.

hmmm....
    looking for weakness
    in your team:
    Larfleeze MUST be ABLE to attack. .. swords of revealing light BAC... hey, it's possible!
    Anything else in little cup that keep him from attacking?

Your sidekicks can still be picked off during opponents turn with when fielded damage and action dice. Angel does help recover from that.

... just brainstorming some possibilities. ..

Mera global. ...
    I sure talk about that global a lot. .. hahaha

did you consider Agent Coulson

While Phil Coulson is active, your Sidekicks and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent characters get +1A.

did you consider Agent Coulson

While Phil Coulson is active, your Sidekicks and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent characters get +1A.
    Jesus Christ, take it easy man

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Jesus Christ, take it easy man
    hahaha.

Be patient bro, I'm trying to get better at building by being more active. more exposure to more cards.

besides, pk did ask for "thoughts"