Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Go team?

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Ok.

    Thoughts?

    Carrol Ferris: True Love (3)
    Saint Walker: Bro'dee. (3)
    Jade: J-L H (3)
    Hal Jordan: Fearless (3)
    Kyle Rayner: Hopeful Will (2)
    The Flash: Believe in the Impossible (3)
    Mogo: Living Planet (2)
    Lantern Ring: Not Just Jewelery (1)


    Constructed WoL only....

    The Flash is flex kinda. Tips?
    Go with Super girl common
    Beefy overcrush. With Mogo it can definitely be bought.
    Another good one is guy Gardner. The three costs. When he attacks and is blocked draw a die or the one that is also considered a green lantern.

  3. #3
    2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion
    360

    Location
    Akron, OH
    Blog Entries
    2
    Common Wonder Girl and common Spectre have fantastic synergy for removal. Rare Wonder Girl (instead) would provide a one sided benefit to the global Spectre brings.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Ok.

    Thoughts?

    Carrol Ferris: True Love (3)
    Saint Walker: Bro'dee. (3)
    Jade: J-L H (3)
    Hal Jordan: Fearless (3)
    Kyle Rayner: Hopeful Will (2)
    The Flash: Believe in the Impossible (3)
    Mogo: Living Planet (2)
    Lantern Ring: Not Just Jewelery (1)


    Constructed WoL only....

    The Flash is flex kinda. Tips?
    I'll be honest. I don't like the Flash in this set. That fielding cost and you need certain conditions

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I'll be honest. I don't like the Flash in this set. That fielding cost and you need certain conditions
    I think the flash has potential if you're doing something with blue lanterns, could actually be pretty decent in limited. My idea would revolve around Kyle Rayner to reduce purchase costs of blue lanterns, field the 5 cost "barry allen of earth" and then start buying and fielding a bunch of rare Warth's to copy the when fielded effect and launch them at your opponent. Not the best combo of course, but it has some utility at least. The 3 cost isn't terrible either on a dedicated team, it just isn't good. Much better in limited or draft play than constructed though.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I think the flash has potential if you're doing something with blue lanterns, could actually be pretty decent in limited. My idea would revolve around Kyle Rayner to reduce purchase costs of blue lanterns, field the 5 cost "barry allen of earth" and then start buying and fielding a bunch of rare Warth's to copy the when fielded effect and launch them at your opponent. Not the best combo of course, but it has some utility at least. The 3 cost isn't terrible either on a dedicated team, it just isn't good. Much better in limited or draft play than constructed though.
    That's why I think the Guy Gardner that is both a green and Red Lantern is great. Deducts by 1 for that Super girl overcrush.
    Plus with Mogo cutting the price in half.

  7. #7
    Took a second look. The Flash common isn't bad.
    My preference is Super Girl.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Took a second look. The Flash common isn't bad.
    My preference is Super Girl.
    Believe in the impossible is my personal favourite, but only because it reminds me of Gurren Lagann.

  9. #9
    Thanks for the Flash tip
    Placed him into my "Rage, Will and Hope" team

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Ok.

    Thoughts?

    Carrol Ferris: True Love (3)
    Saint Walker: Bro'dee. (3)
    Jade: J-L H (3)
    Hal Jordan: Fearless (3)
    Kyle Rayner: Hopeful Will (2)
    The Flash: Believe in the Impossible (3)
    Mogo: Living Planet (2)
    Lantern Ring: Not Just Jewelery (1)


    Constructed WoL only....
    Ok.

    Out Saitn Walker (c)
    Out The Flash (r)

    In Guy Gardner: Heated (3). He's the only Guy Gardner I have right now. Thoughts about another low Red?
    In Supergirl: Angy Alien (2)
    Add 1 die to Carrol Ferris.

    This gives me a low red lantern to at least cut Supergirl down by one
    Last edited by Nemesis; 09-24-2015 at 01:42 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Ok.

    Out Saitn Walker (c)
    Out The Flash (r)

    In Guy Gardner: Heated (3). He's the only Guy Gardner I have right now. Thoughts about another low Red?
    In Supergirl: Last Daughter of Krypton (2)
    Add 1 die to Carrol Ferris.

    This gives me a low red lantern to at least cut Supergirl down by one
    As long as you have one Red Lantern the price for Super Girl goes down 1, a 5 cost. Added with Mogo, that's a possible 2 to 3 cost.

    Basics? I went with Anger Issues and Resurrection. I might be thinking of Nasty Plot for my extra ramp. Jade just helps pulls more.

    Anger Issues and Nasty Plot. That 4 cost is serious thought for the opponent. For you, not so much.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Basics? I went with Anger Issues and Resurrection. I might be thinking of Nasty Plot for my extra ramp. Jade just helps pulls more.

    Anger Issues and Nasty Plot. That 4 cost is serious thought for the opponent. For you, not so much.
    VastSpartan! still WoL only on the basics as well. I was thinking of using Fighting and Big Entrance. Fighting to keep their board smaller than mine and Big Entrance to help get those Mogos and Supergirls in my bag.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •