Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: How can I maximize the SR battery, and all 4 BLs?

  1. #1

    How can I maximize the SR battery, and all 4 BLs?

    I really, really want to maximize the use of the SR Lantern, what type of team am I looking at?

    What type of win con?

    I'm thinking just constant pressure, with obvious Tsarina and Hellblazer, and then other 2 costs like the Guy that gets +1 per other attacking character, and BACs for either overcrush or removing blockers.

    Any other thoughts?

    And how can I effectively make a BL team, assuming I have all 4? I'd love to do it, but then assuming I need PXG in another slot for the ramp, what 3 other characters would I use? Or would using all 4 on one team just be totally unrealistic?

  2. #2
    I suppose I could not need PXG with the ramp... I haven't playtested it yet, but I still don't think getting one of each energy, even if it gets me 2 extra, is reliable enough on its own... but with PXG to help out, you can be easily getting 8 energy on your second turn, which is incredible.

    Or if you, say, had Resurrection or Silver Surfer global, so turn 1 you buy a 1 cost (Kobold, Morphing Jar), and then Resurrect, then PXG twice on your opponents' turn... that's 8 dice, with one definitely having 1/3 sides with double energies, for a possible 10 energy turn two.

    I haven't worked this all out perfectly so please point out errors. My head is hurting thinking without dice in front of me/some sort of setup.

    That's amazing, and assuming your opponent has no BL Batman or Superman.

    If you, say, Red Dragon Global, buy a Big Entrance, then Resurrect/Silver Surfer global, then PXG, you'll be rolling 7 dice, one of which is a Big Entrance, for a possible Big Entrance, and then 5 (+2), so 7 total energy. That could be an even bigger second turn.

    My head is hurting hard now.

    This whole post is assuming having at least BL Batman and Superman on team.

  3. #3
    OK here's an ALL BL Team idea:

    1/1 142WoL Black Lantern Wonder Woman: Undead Warrior 7
    -
    1/1 139WoL Black Lantern Aquaman: From the Depths 7
    -
    1/1 141WoL Black Lantern Superman™: Krypton's Fall 7
    -
    1/1 140WoL Black Lantern Batman™: Blackest Knight 7
    -
    4/4 129AvX Black Widow: Tsarina 2
    -
    4/4 110UXM Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin 2
    -
    4/4 137JL Constantine: Hellblazer 2
    -
    4/4 90AoU Maria Hill: Trained Agent 2
    -
    Big Entrance: Basic Action Card
    -
    Resurrection: Basic Action Card

  4. #4
    I don't know the BL cards well enough, but, if the only win-con is Widow then it will be as strong as any other Widow spam team. Which is something we're seeing less and less of in the meta all the time. And there might be a reason for that. Ultimately I think this will pan out like every other gimmick team. As a gimmick. And be either not fun to play, not fun to play against, or not fun for anybody.

  5. #5
    I'd throw in Guy Gardener must always attack. Force your opponent to block often.

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8
    If your thinking is "force them to block so they have to pay life", doesn't work.

    You can't force opponent to pay a cost.

  9. #9
    Really? That seems really counter-intuitive to logic. Not saying you're wrong in any account, but is that in writing somewhere that I missed? I'm sure that is going to come up at some point of my playing in the real world.

    Going to go tear through the rulebooks again.

    Edit: Found it here.

    Scorpion is right. You cannot apply the ability of one card to trigger a forced payment event from another card against an opponent. Back to the drawing board with me.
    Last edited by Camalott; 09-24-2015 at 11:29 AM.

  10. #10
    4xBlack Widow - Tsarina
    4xLyssa Drak - Future Sight
    4xPunisher - McRook
    2xLantern Battery - Power Source(holy grail of the new cards!)
    1xProfessor X - Trainer
    2xJinzo - Trap Destroyer
    1xBlack Lantern Superman - Krypton's Fall(pulled it, want to try the global and good finisher)
    2xRed Dragon - Greater Dragon
    BACs - Big Entrance/Resurrection
    Cards I heavily considered are Lex Luthor - Greed since I should always have more life but pxg and big entrance is better ramp. Also Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat, both for the global and a fixed attacker. Gamora - Deadliest...is great for taxing with or without the battery.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMeth0d View Post
    4xBlack Widow - Tsarina
    4xLyssa Drak - Future Sight
    4xPunisher - McRook
    2xLantern Battery - Power Source(holy grail of the new cards!)
    1xProfessor X - Trainer
    2xJinzo - Trap Destroyer
    1xBlack Lantern Superman - Krypton's Fall(pulled it, want to try the global and good finisher)
    2xRed Dragon - Greater Dragon
    BACs - Big Entrance/Resurrection
    Cards I heavily considered are Lex Luthor - Greed since I should always have more life but pxg and big entrance is better ramp. Also Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat, both for the global and a fixed attacker. Gamora - Deadliest...is great for taxing with or without the battery.
    What would you replace Jinzo with - any other set but YGO. Wasp could work?

  12. #12

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    What would you replace Jinzo with - any other set but YGO. Wasp could work?
    Wasp is probably the only non-YGO character that works. He's very important to the loss of life strategy

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Also, any reason not to use the SR Red Dragon?
    Yes. I play two Red Dragons because Breath Weapon is another way to hurt my opponent and paying two life to do it is almost always beneficial

  16. #16

  17. #17
    SR Red Dragon with Breath Weapon and Millennium Puzzle/Power Bolt is pretty nasty.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    SR Red Dragon with Breath Weapon and Millennium Puzzle/Power Bolt is pretty nasty.
    I definitely want to try out Obelisk the Tormentor - Fist of Fury in place of Superman, because the global isn't as likely as I convinced myself. Millenium Puzzle in the Jinzo slot seems great to because it's another action (giving my global a larger purpose than my opponent) and added, well-timed removal. I learned I need this in further play-testing.

    I want to stick with Resurrection until I see my opponents consistantly use it more effectively then I do. I think it's the best "reanimation" action for 2 reasons. 1) It can bring back action dice from the used pile, unlike Transfer Power/Monster Reborn/Polymorph. 2) I had 3 masks and Resurrection action face in my reserve after buying a Punisher. Resurrection attempts to get me a vengeant Skull face, but I roll two bolts, use my opponent's Blue-Eyes global to but a second punisher.

    All that plus the global. It's by far the most worthwhile 4 cost basic action for global and purchase uses. In my opinion, a basic action should rarely be played for the global. Relentless and Distraction are obvious examples of those few.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMeth0d View Post
    I definitely want to try out Obelisk the Tormentor - Fist of Fury in place of Superman, because the global isn't as likely as I convinced myself. Millenium Puzzle in the Jinzo slot seems great to because it's another action (giving my global a larger purpose than my opponent) and added, well-timed removal. I learned I need this in further play-testing.

    I want to stick with Resurrection until I see my opponents consistantly use it more effectively then I do. I think it's the best "reanimation" action for 2 reasons. 1) It can bring back action dice from the used pile, unlike Transfer Power/Monster Reborn/Polymorph. 2) I had 3 masks and Resurrection action face in my reserve after buying a Punisher. Resurrection attempts to get me a vengeant Skull face, but I roll two bolts, use my opponent's Blue-Eyes global to but a second punisher.

    All that plus the global. It's by far the most worthwhile 4 cost basic action for global and purchase uses. In my opinion, a basic action should rarely be played for the global. Relentless and Distraction are obvious examples of those few.
    Ive seen Obelisk - Fist of Fury on the field. It hurts but not as much. The Super Rare I would build around but the idea I have is very expensive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •