Thread: Rage, Will and Hope - WOL Constructed

Rage, Will and Hope - WOL Constructed

Team I mostly used when I drafted. Switched out one thing to help my team. Id like to thank Osprey for mentioning one card that I looked into again. The Flash Common

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	3230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	3231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	3232Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	3233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	3234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	3235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	3237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	3236 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	3240

I'm rethinking Guy Garnder's variations. The cheap version is great Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	3238 same with the ramp version Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	3239 but the one considered a green lantern is also good for the cost reduction on Mogo and Supergirl.

As for the BAC Nasty Plot I was originally using but I didnt use it as much.

Thoughts?

When you have the opportunity to purchase Mogo OR Supergirl, wouldn't use always purchase Supergirl?

I see Mogo's ability has rather ineffective.
    It's a when fielded, so that's 1 of your dice this turn. fielding cost of him could be another 1-3 of your dice for the turn.

I realize you have Jade and Nasty Plot for the ramp, but isn't your Kyle Rayner more effective?

Using Mogo (6cost) to ramp into Supergirl (6cost)?
    Or am I missing something?

Also, The Flash + Lantern Ring = 2 of his character face attack values will be reduced by Mera's global.
    (something tells me that in WoL constructed, you are only going to want to hit the opponent with 4 or less combat damage per character) Yes, it makes then spend the . so..... we'll see

In set constructed = In set BAC's?

Also, where is your removal / prevention?

I think Mogo is just nice for a solid 9 defense defender, maybe 10 with the lantern ring. Supergirl will almost always be attacking but if I have an opponent playing a heavy over crush team that lacks a distraction like ability I like to get a big beefy defender out asap. Mogo's defense bottoms out at 5 but all of his stats are higher than super-girls except his level 2 attack. I see him as a defensive burst option.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    When you have the opportunity to purchase Mogo OR Supergirl, wouldn't use always purchase Supergirl?

I realize you have Jade and Nasty Plot for the ramp, but isn't your Kyle Rayner more effective?

Using Mogo (6cost) to ramp into Supergirl (6cost)?
    Or am I missing something?
    If he can get all 3 GLs out, plus Kyle Rayner, it's Mogo (3-cost) ramping into Supergirl (2-cost). Assuming my math is right.

Quote Originally Posted by CBattles6 View Post
    If he can get all 3 GLs out, plus Kyle Rayner, it's Mogo (3-cost) ramping into Supergirl (2-cost). Assuming my math is right.
    Ok. That's cool. That was what I was missing.

Also, how about this guy:

Name:	2015-09-24 13.01.30.png 
Size:	932.1 KB 
ID:	3253

For some cool Kyle Rayner shenanigans.
    Take out Mogo and Supergirl, add some removal.
    Get several Flash dice going!

Ok. That's cool. That was what I was missing.

Also, how about this guy:

Name:	2015-09-24 13.01.30.png 
Size:	932.1 KB 
ID:	3253

For some cool Kyle Rayner shenanigans.
    Take out Mogo and Supergirl, add some removal.
    Get several Flash dice going!
    I know there isnt removal but in this set there's just one. A crappy version of Millennium Puzzle.

As for who I would buy first, either Super Girl or Mogo, it would be both. Look at Mogo's stats. F#$@%#$! insane. He's a solid blocker and attacker. Fielding him, with Guy Gardner and Kyle Rainer on the field cuts Super Girls cost down to a 2 cost. I'm fielding a planet that's powered by another Lantern Ring by 1.

I've fought against someone using Mera. Yes, the global is annoying but through perseverance I have beaten 2 people using it. You either hope they dont roll masks or you just keep smashing them. My characters are already beefed up as it is with that Ring and the price reduction just give me a better edge.

You also forget this. Look at Flash and Super Girl. When Flash attacks they need to use 3 blockers to keep him from going unblocked. Added with SuperGirl with overcrush and her Beefy stats its already tough choosing who to block with. Worst comes to worst if they use Transfer Power or Distraction.

Also Hal Jordan wouldn't really help me either. Sure I get to choose the color but he's already a Green Lantern. I change him to red but that doesnt really do much besides reduce the cost for SuperGirl. I have Kyle Rayner, Guy Garder and Mogo to help me there. It be a wasted Card Slot. At least to me it is.

How quickly have you been getting Supergirl in the field?

I suggested Hal strictly for getting more Flash.

How quickly have you been getting Supergirl in the field?

I suggested Hal strictly for getting more Flash.
    I can get her out as quickly as I can. I can get Mogo out as fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Sometimes it makes you wish a guy could have a sideboard like Magic. Oh, Hal Jordan is better in this match up than The Flash? 1 for 1 swap time! Oh wait, the other guy is playing BLs? Time for a Guy Gardner switch.
    Ill most likely just smash them when there's a Black Lantern out. I have Anger Issues there and my characters are beefed up.