Thread: Polymorph and Weather Witch

Polymorph and Weather Witch

Sorry if this was asked before, but can Weather Witch Global redirect polymorph (the action)? On the text it says "swap" the characters, but I am not sure if that implies that it targets a die. I feel no, but I just want to make sure.

By and large, anything where you select a specific number of characters is an ability that targets. Storm's global can redirect Polymorph, but only the character in the field that is being targeted, not the character that is being pulled out of Used. Whichever player used Polymorph still decides what character is pulled out of used. So there are basically three possible outcomes of a Poly redirect. Let's say my opponent has a Sidekick and a Constantine in play, and he wants to Polymorph out his SK for a Wolverine in used, and he also has another Constantine in Used. I have a Sidekick in play and a Hulk and a Morphing Jar in Used:

a.) I redirect Poly from my opponent's Sidekick to his Constantine. Constantine will be sent to used and my opponent can still choose whether he wants it replaced with the Wolverine or instead the Constantine.
    b.) I redirect Poly from my opponent's Sidekick to my Sidekick. My opponent now chooses whether to swap my Sidekick with Hulk or Morphing Jar.
    c.) If Polymorph gets redirected to a character whose owner has no legal targets in used (whether all Sidekicks, actions, no dice in used, etc.), then the effect fizzles, but the redirect itself is still legal.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    By and large, anything where you select a specific number of characters is an ability that targets. Storm's global can redirect Polymorph, but only the character in the field that is being targeted, not the character that is being pulled out of Used. Whichever player used Polymorph still decides what character is pulled out of used. So there are basically three possible outcomes of a Poly redirect. Let's say my opponent has a Sidekick and a Constantine in play, and he wants to Polymorph out his SK for a Wolverine in used, and he also has another Constantine in Used. I have a Sidekick in play and a Hulk and a Morphing Jar in Used:

a.) I redirect Poly from my opponent's Sidekick to his Constantine. Constantine will be sent to used and my opponent can still choose whether he wants it replaced with the Wolverine or instead the Constantine.
    b.) I redirect Poly from my opponent's Sidekick to my Sidekick. My opponent now chooses whether to swap my Sidekick with Hulk or Morphing Jar.
    c.) If Polymorph gets redirected to a character whose owner has no legal targets in used (whether all Sidekicks, actions, no dice in used, etc.), then the effect fizzles, but the redirect itself is still legal.
    Thank you for clearing this up for me as well. This is very balanced.