Thread: Robin - Teen Titans Team Leader - Global Timing

Robin - Teen Titans Team Leader - Global Timing

Robin: Teen Titans Team Leader
    While Robin is active, if you have a Teen Titans die on an energy face in your Reserve Pool during your Main Step, you may spin down a Teen Titans die to spin up a Teen Titans die.

Global: Pay shield. Once per turn, if you have purchased a character die this turn you may draw a die from you bag and add it to your Prep Area.
    So my question is about "Pay Shield" , when does this happens?

I would think i just pay the shield, and if i purchase a character die, i may use the ability of this global, like the Red Dragon Global.

Well i think it was Shadow who told me, that this is not the case because "purchased" is in the past, but yeah i know that but i think it refers only to the second part of this global.

I know it is almso not crucial, but sometimes you want to pay the shield now and not later.

Can someone write his opinion and an explanation for me please?

You may Pay shield at any time that you can legally play a global.

However, you will not get the prep unless you purchased a die BEFORE paying the shield.

As stated - "purchased" is past tense.

If you pay the shield on your attack step, and you bought a die in your main step, you still get the prep because you still bought a die on your turn before invoking the global.

If you pay the shield on your opponent's turn, it does nothing even if you had bought a die on your turn, because the purchase had to happen on the same turn that the global is invoked on.

Buy die, pay shield, get prep. Pay shield, buy die, get nothing.

Edit
    Last edited by Ressless; 09-25-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    This could confuse some readers! I think you ment:
    "On opponents turn, Pay shield, get nothing.
    He means if you pay a shield to activate the global, then subsequently pay whatever to buy a die, the global does not trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    He means if you pay a shield to activate the global, then subsequently pay whatever to buy a die, the global does not trigger.
    Oh right sorry now i see it too!, my bad X_X

Theoretically, you could block with

and then pay a during the global window to prep a die on your opponent's turn.

Sir your evil !!!!^^ i like that !