Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion0x17's Rules Questions thread.

Scorpion0x17's Rules Questions thread.

So, I have decided to start documenting the rules questions that I post to the WizKids Rules Forum, the date they were posted, and when they get answered, if they do.

And this is thread is where I will be doing that.

I will put each question in a new post, and then put a link, along with the submission and (hopefully) answer dates in this OP.

Also, if anyone want's to add there own submissions to rules forum to this thread, then please do.

If you do so, please post each submission as a separate post, along with when it was submitted, and I will add a link to it in this OP.

Is ‘sidekick’ a valid choice when asked to name a die?
    Submitted: 21:08 13th November 2015

[WoL] Mera global vs [DnD] Human Paladin : Lesser Emerald Enclave
    Submitted: 20:50 12th November 2015 - By @Scorpion0x17

Stat boosts and spin up/down
    Submitted 19:49 19th October 2015 - By @Son of 'L's
    Status - UNANSWERED

Gladiator, Servant of the Empress, Amazing Spider-Man #50
    Submitted 18th October 2015 - By @pk2317
    Status - UNANSWERED

Searching for a Die, do you refill an empty bag?
    Submitted 15th October 2015 - By @archivist
    Status - ANSWERED

Cassie Sandsmark vs. Raven (AMZ) and Psylocke
    Submitted 3rd October 2015 - By @pk2317
    Status - UNANSWERED

Captain America - Man Out Of Time
    Submitted 19th July 2015 - By @Wargfn
    Status - UNANSWERED

Maria Hill - Trained Agent
    Submitted 10:25 27th September 2015 - By @Joepancreas
    Status - UNANSWERED

2 unblocked attackers - one damage source or two?
    Submitted: 01:42 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17

[WoL] Black Lantern Aquaman From the Depths
    Submitted: 01:36 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17

[WoL] Warth : Hope Burns Bright
    Submitted: 01:32 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17

[WoL] Lantern Ring : Limited Only By Imagination
    Submitted: 01:26 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17

[WoL] Scarecrow : Fear Gas - 2 questions
    Submitted: 01:16 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17

[WoL] Mera : Queen of Atlantis - reactive or preemptive?
    Submitted: 01:05 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17
    See: http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ll=1#post32175.

[WoL] Batman : Fear as a Weapon - generic or any energy?
    Submitted: 00:57 26th September 2015 - by @Scorpion0x17
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 11-13-2015 at 11:34 PM.

If you roll a [2 Energy] face during your Roll and Reroll Step, Batman gets +2A and +2D for each.

Global: Use [1 Energy]. The first time you play a Basic Action this turn, draw one die and add it to your Prep Area.
    Based on this ruling: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...t=5608&p=13956, I assume the [2 Energy] (2 in a black circle) symbol in Batman's main ability refers to any energy and not just generic energy, such that if I roll a [2 Fist] face, for example, then his ability would trigger.

Is that correct?
    Submitted: 00:57 26th September 2015

If there are three or more different color [Lantern] characters in play, reduce all damage done to Mera by 2.

Global: Pay [1 Mask]. If a character would deal you 5 or more combat damage, it instead deals you 2 combat damage.
    Is Mera's Global reactive (paid for and triggered after 5 or more combat damage has been dealt by a character), or preemptive (paid for and triggered before any damage is dealt)?
    Submitted: 01:05 26th September 2015
    See: http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ll=1#post32175.
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 11-12-2015 at 03:29 PM.

[WoL] Scarecrow : Fear Gas - 2 questions
    When fielded, choose a [lantern] color. While Scarecrow is active, when a die of that color is put into a player's Used Pile, Scarecrow deals 1 damage to that player.
    1: When I field a Scarecrow die, does the choice of [lantern] color that I make cancel a choice made with a previously fielded Scarecrow?

2: If I field a Scarecrow and choose "yellow lantern", for example, does it literally mean that any yellow die going to Used causes Scarecrow to deal 1 damage to the player, or does it have to be a Yellow Lantern affiliated die?
    Submitted: 01:16 26th September 2015

Continuous: While active, when your characters attack, they deal 1 damage to target player for each energy symbol in your Reserve Pool that matches their type.
    How is the damage dealt by this ability calculated and what is the source of that damage?
    Submitted: 01:26 26th September 2015

[WoL] Warth : Hope Burns Bright
    When fielded, you may use the "when fielded" effect of one of your active characters.
    When fielding Warth, and choosing a "when fielded" effect of an active character, which character uses that ability, Warth, or the chosen active character?
    Submitted: 01:32 26th September 2015

[WoL] Black Lantern Aquaman From the Depths
    When fielded, KO all Aquaman Dice. At the beginning of each turn, the active player must move a non-[Black Lantern Corps] character die from the Used Pile back to its card.
    Can a player choose a Sidekick die in the Used Pile and remove it from the game using this ability?
    Submitted: 01:36 26th September 2015

2 unblocked attackers - one damage source or two?
    If I attack with 2 characters, and my opponent does not block, does this count as 1 source of damage or 2?

For example, if my opponent has Hulk : Green Goliath in the field, will his ability trigger once or twice?

While Hulk is active, whenever either you or Hulk takes damage, Hulk deals 2 damage to each opposing character (no matter how many Hulks are fielded).

* He deals 3 damage instead.
    Submitted: 01:42 26th September 2015

If you roll a [2 Energy] face during your Roll and Reroll Step, Batman gets +2A and +2D for each.

Global: Use [1 Energy]. The first time you play a Basic Action this turn, draw one die and add it to your Prep Area.
    Based on this ruling: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...t=5608&p=13956, I assume the [2 Energy] (2 in a black circle) symbol in Batman's main ability refers to any energy and not just generic energy, such that if I roll a [2 Fist] face, for example, then his ability would trigger.

Is that correct?
    Submitted: 00:57 26th September 2015
    Actually, I think the Wasp ruling is inconsequential to this card. Wasp asks you to pay 2 generic, where batman needs you to roll a 2 generic face. You ca pay a 2 generic cost with any energy type, but a double fist is not a double generic. For example, if there was a blue eyes global that required us to KO an unaffiliated character versus a global that required us to ko any character(regardless of affiliation). One is a defined lack, the other is undefined and does not care how we pay for it.

Thank you for posting these asked questions.

I wish there was a way to see posts you've made that haven't been "approved" (read: answered) yet. I know I've asked a bunch of questions that haven't been answered, but I don't remember which ones I asked, or which ones I just thought about asking, or when I asked them.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I wish there was a way to see posts you've made that haven't been "approved" (read: answered) yet. I know I've asked a bunch of questions that haven't been answered, but I don't remember which ones I asked, or which ones I just thought about asking, or when I asked them.
    That's why I decided to start documenting the questions I have submitted.

Also, if anyone want's to add there own submissions to rules forum to this thread, then please do.

If you do so, please post each submission as a separate post, along with when it was submitted, and I will add a link to it in the OP.

And I agree with Shadowmeld, esp. since Batman's thing is working with BACs, but I understand your desire to establish precedent with the Wasp ruling.

Captain America - Man Out Of Time
    While active, each time you take non-combat damage, deal 1 damage to an opponent
    Combat Damage: The damage a character die deals during the Attack Step as a result of attacking or blocking.
    Ask for clarification on character abilities that deal damage upon attacking or blocking, out side of Global Abilities. Specifically quoted was Cheetah and Black Widow Tsarina whom deal damage upon attacking (thus a result of attacking).

Submitted 7/19/2015
    Status - Unanswered

Cassie Sandsmark vs. Raven (AMZ) and Psylocke
    Here is the situation. I have one Raven: Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos! (protects my Mask and Teen Titans characters) die active in my field. My opponent has one Wondergirl: Cassie Sandsmark (allows changing target for Teen Titans) die active.

I field one Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin (selects character to be KO'd) die and pay 2 Masks. What happens?
    • Wondergirl (being a Teen Titans character herself) attempts to choose an opposing character die. Both Raven (a Teen Titans character) and Psylocke (a Mask character) cannot be targeted per Raven's ability. The effect fizzles.
    • Since Wondergirl is unable to choose a different character, the effect remains with her and she is KO'd.
    • Something else.

Side question that may be relevant: Is Wondergirl: Cassie Sandsmark's ability considered to be a redirect? It doesn't use the word "redirect."

Relevant card texts:

Raven: Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos! (Rare, War of Light #127)
    While Raven is active, your {Mask} and {Teen Titans} characters cannot be targeted by your opponents.
    Wondergirl: Cassie Sandsmark (Common, War of Light #73)
    While Wonder Girl is active, when a {Teen Titans} character die is targeted, you may choose an opponent's character die as the new target for that effect.
    Psylocke: Kwannon the Assassin (Rare, Uncanny X-Men #110)
    When fielded, you may pay {2 Masks} to knock out one character.
    DC Comics Dice Masters: War of Light Rulebook, Page 21
    Other powers redirect a game effect (usually damage). When an effect is redirected, the target of the effect changes from its original target to the new one as described in the game text, even if that target was not a legal one for the original effect. The source of the effect remains unchanged from the original.
    Submitted: 3 October 2015

Just a quick post to say:

Apologies for not being more on top of updating this thread.

Life got kind of busy, and I needed to take a bit of a step away from the game for few days.

I intend to make time, hopefully over the weekend, to get the OP updated with the questions others have posted here, though.

Searching for a Die, do you refill an empty bag?

If a card's text (e.g. Assemble!, or Pepper Potts - Stark International) allows me to search my bag for the applicable die, and my bag is empty, can I refill it with dice from the Used Pile to complete my search (same mechanism as filling an empty bag if required to draw a die)?

Referenced cards:

Assemble
    Search your bag for a character die and field it at level 1 for free.
    Teamwork - repeat this effect for another affiliated character.

Pepper Potts - Stark International
    Pepper Potts can't attack. When Pepper Potts is KO'd, search your bag for an Iron Man die and field it at level 1 for free.

Submitted: 15 October 2015

Gladiator, Servant of the Empress, Amazing Spider-Man #50
    This card was just spoiled on The Dice Tower's review of Amazing Spider-Man. It reads:

When Gladiator is blocked, he gets +1A and +1D per affiliation icon on his blockers.
    How would this interact in cross-set play with a Marvel Villain and a DC Comics Villain. According to the Dice Masters Compatibility Wording, Villain (Marvel) = Villain (DC) [Despite having a different icon]. So the affiliation is the same. But Gladiator's text refers specifically to icons. If he was blocked by both a Marvel Villain and a DC Villain, would he get +1/+1 or +2/+2?

Thank you!
    Submitted: 18 October 2015

If a character die receives a stat boost (or penalty) from an instant effect, does it keep that boost if it is later spun up or down a level?

E.g. Player A uses an Inner Rage action die to give +1A/+1D to a sidekick and a Level 2 Venom (Base A/D: 5/5).

Player B then uses the Venom global (Pay [Fist] to spin an opponent's [Fist] character down 1 level) to spin Player A's Venom down to Level 1 (Base A/D: 4/4).

Does the (now) Level 1 Venom keep the +1A/+1D from Inner Rage, or was it lost when he was spun down?

Submitted 19:49 10/19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Son of 'L's View Post

If a character die receives a stat boost (or penalty) from an instant effect, does it keep that boost if it is later spun up or down a level?

E.g. Player A uses an Inner Rage action die to give +1A/+1D to a sidekick and a Level 2 Venom (Base A/D: 5/5).

Player B then uses the Venom global (Pay [Fist] to spin an opponent's [Fist] character down 1 level) to spin Player A's Venom down to Level 1 (Base A/D: 4/4).

Does the (now) Level 1 Venom keep the +1A/+1D from Inner Rage, or was it lost when he was spun down?

Submitted 19:49 10/19/2015

Boosts are kept until the end of the turn. Mathematically you could word it as he simply lost the boost; but technically he went from a level 2 5A/5D with a +1 A/D to make him a 6A/6D, to a level 1 4A/4D with a +1A/D making him a 5A/5D.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post

Submitted: 01:05 26th September 2015
    Honestly, you could pay it either way. It would be smarter to wait to use it reactively, but based on the wording you could pay it before an ability was used that turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post

Submitted: 01:26 26th September 2015
    The character is the source of the damage. The damage is calculated as the card states. If you have 3 fists in your reserve pool and attack with a kobold, automatically, they would deal 3 damage each...omg. I just conceived a painful attack combo...thank you.