Thread: Lyssa Dark: Future Sight clarifications

While Lyssa Drak is active, at the beginning of your opponent’s turn, name a character. Your opponent must pay 2 life to field that character die.
    I'd say yes, although it's 4 to field 2 not block with 2.

Sidekicks do not have names, thus cannot be named unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Sidekicks do not have names, thus cannot be named unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
    You cruel and heartless *%^#+*!

Of course sidekicks have names! And wives and families and pets!

:P

Paul the pawn. Siddik the Sidekuck. Emry C. The NPC.

But still all without a name.

I have a question here to add:

When her effect triggers, do i have to pay 2 Life and the Fielding Costs or just the 2 Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    I have a question here to add:

When her effect triggers, do i have to pay 2 Life and the Fielding Costs or just the 2 Life?
    Both.

But I can see how you might read it the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Both.

But I can see how you might read it the other way.
    How do you know this? This sure seems like with a little extra effort in making this card they could have solved this with "also" or "only" before the word pay. I get some situations are more complicated and they might not have thought of it at first but this one jumped out at me right away. I had this same question.

Short answer, because it doesn't say instead. A card changes as little as possible in its resolution. This card doesn't say pay life instead, it just says we must pay two life. The die we are Fielding says we must pay 2 energy, thus to field we must pay each cost, because no text says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Short answer, because it doesn't say instead. A card changes as little as possible in its resolution. This card doesn't say pay life instead, it just says we must pay two life. The die we are Fielding says we must pay 2 energy, thus to field we must pay each cost, because no text says otherwise.
    Yep, this.