Thread: When Can I Use a Global Ability? When Can I Use an Action Die?

When Can I Use a Global Ability? When Can I Use an Action Die?

I am not quite clear on this. Are you able to use a global ability any time during the turn? so long as I have the energy to expend? What times, for example, am I allowed to use a global during the attack step?

I am allowed to wait for my opponent to declare attackers, and then use Professor X's global? or am I required to declare blockers before I use globals?

If I declare blockers, am I able to use Blue-Eyes's global to knock out one of my characters that survived after combat clears?

Am I allowed to use action dice after damage clears, during the Clean-Up Step?

Thanks.

This is the turn sequence. It is actually fairly well-defined:

Active Player's turn:
    Clear & Draw - anything left in your Reserve Pool (energy) goes to your Used Pile. Draw 4 dice (refilling from Used as necessary).

Roll & Re-Roll

Main Step
    This is the main time when the active player can do things. They can buy characters/actions, field characters that were just rolled, use actions that were just rolled, and pay for Global abilities. Once they have done as much as they want, they "pass priority" to the Inactive Player. The Inactive Player can then use Global abilities, though whenever the Active Player wants to they can interrupt and get priority back to do more stuff. Once the Inactive Player declines to do anything (doesn't want to/can't do anything else), followed by the Active Player declining to do anything, the Main Step is over. Any un-fielded characters go directly to Used, so only Actions and Energy will be left in the Reserve Pool.

Attack Step - ONLY if the Active Player wants to attack. If not, skip this entire step and go to the Clean-Up Step
    **Declare Attackers - The Active Player decides which fielded dice they want to attack with and declares all of them as attackers (moves them to the Attack Zone)
    ****Resolve "When Attacks" effects - any effects that take place when a character attacks now resolve, all Active Players' first then all Inactive Players' (in the order of their choosing).
    **Declare Blockers - The Inactive Player decides which fielded dice they want to block with and assigns them to the characters they want to block.
    ****Resolve "When Blocks" effects - any effects that take place when a character blocks (or is blocked) now resolve, all Active Players' first then all Inactive Players' (in the order of their choosing)
    **Global Window** - This is just like the Main Step above, except that characters can no longer be bought or fielded. Rolled Actions can be used, or Globals paid for and used. Active Player does as much as they want, then passes priority. Once both players decline, this sub-phase ends.
    **Resolve damage - Unblocked characters deal damage to opponent, go to Used. KO'd characters go to Prep. Other characters return to their respective Fields.

Clean-Up Step - All un-used Actions go directly to Used. Any dice "in transition" (Out-of-Play) go to Used. The only thing you will have left in your Reserve Pool is energy, so the only thing you will be able to do as the Inactive Player is pay for Globals (no characters or actions). Turn ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Beets View Post
    I am not quite clear on this. Are you able to use a global ability any time during the turn? so long as I have the energy to expend? What times, for example, am I allowed to use a global during the attack step?
    See my other post, only during the Main Step or the Global Window of the Attack Step.

I am allowed to wait for my opponent to declare attackers, and then use Professor X's global? or am I required to declare blockers before I use globals?
    Declaring Blockers takes place before the Global Window.

If I declare blockers, am I able to use Blue-Eyes's global to knock out one of my characters that survived after combat clears?
    You would use the Global during the Global Window, and the character would immediately be KO'd. It would be before the combat clears, but you could use it to pre-emptively KO someone who would be KO'd anyways (Keep in mind you wouldn't benefit from the cost reduction, because you would not have the opportunity to purchase dice at this point). If you were the blocker, the attacking character would retain their "blocked" status and wouldn't deal any damage to you (the player) unless they had Overcrush.

Am I allowed to use action dice after damage clears, during the Clean-Up Step?

Thanks.
    Nope, only during the Main Step or the Global Window of the Attack Step.