Thread: Competitive Top Tier - Team

Competitive Top Tier - Team

What do you think about this team? Is it too much of win conditions, does it lack protection and support characters?

Win Conditions-> Nova or Wolverine depends if stealth ops is needed or a big Swing with Hulk JG.

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...135bff;3x31wol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dadadad.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	3264

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    What do you think about this team? Is it too much of win conditions, does it lack protection and support characters?

Win Conditions-> Nova or Wolverine depends if stealth ops is needed or a big Swing with Hulk JG.

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=3x...135bff;3x31wol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dadadad.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	3264
    How do you plan on getting Wolverine through?

looks good, be aware of the new Mera global as it takes the sting out of big swing teams.

Yeah i see, that Wolverine has not so much chance to get through and even then, deal some good damage. That what Stealth Ops is for, but i think it is not safe enough. Maybe i should instead take something else.... and a better BAC because right now i have nothing except Hulk against unblockable characters or direct damage.

As sad as it makes me, I think the mera global is really pushing the consistency of FWX as a win condition. It's not impossible to do of course, but wolverine needs quite a few dedicated cards on your team to make sure he can go through properly. Mera just might be too big of an obstacle now if she gains enough popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    I believe prismatic spray properly addresses the Mera issue, the build would have to be geared to support it though.
    It does, but you're relying on too many things to get the wolverine through at that point, imho.

So it seems i can either have Nova or Wolverine in there? I think i should change from him maybe to spider man or something else. And or change Stealth ops to maybe Transfer Power.

So it seems i can either have Nova or Wolverine in there? I think i should change from him maybe to spider man or something else. And or change Stealth ops to maybe Transfer Power.
    Nova works best when paired with Iceman-TCFW to get consistent damage through.

Or just go Green Goliath and Wipe the board swinging in with Wolverine. Second win condition are your Black Widows swarming. Stealth Op's for Anger Issues. Nova for Millennium Puzzle for your spot removal. After that I think everything else is pretty solid.

Spider Man works against Wolverine. If you're talking about the one forcing everyone to block him. You need to attack with Spiderman but Wolverine needs to swing by himself.

Why do you have Wonder Girl on the team?

Because she is solid with the Ring to draw the attention and making the enemys head burn if they dont bring in some character to remove action dice.

Because she is solid with the Ring to draw the attention and making the enemys head burn if they dont bring in some character to remove action dice.
    But you have Human Paladin

So you plan on buying two things when you already have one that can do the same thing. I thought you were just using it for the Global.

Ditch the paladin and stick to wonder girl with ring as it applies to anything that targets not just globals, that frees you up space for more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Dude View Post
    Ditch the paladin and stick to wonder girl with ring as it applies to anything that targets not just globals, that frees you up space for more fun
    Your both are correct, i took up the slot with paladin just for the global to have a safe against Gobby or some similar.
    Maybe i should put in Cap Am that does the same instead of the paladin

Your both are correct, i took up the slot with paladin just for the global to have a safe against Gobby or some similar.
    Maybe i should put in Cap Am that does the same instead of the paladin
    I would say stick with Paladin considering that he protects your characters from all globals. As for that Wondergirl you can just stick with Hell Blazer. But Captain does the same minus setting everything to 1. Specifically actions